Author Topic: Who can drive your car  (Read 3338 times)

Offline quackers

Who can drive your car
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:48:47 AM »
A freınd went to renew hıs car ınsurance yesterday and was told that as the car ıs regıstered ın hıs name only his wıfe ıs not allowed to drıve ıt. New law he was told . Anyone else heard thıs.

Offline neesie1171

Re: Who can drive your car
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:02:20 AM »
We were told this when we got our Turkish Driving Licences two years ago in March 2011.  The simple answer was to get a form duly issued and notarised giving me permission to drive the car.  Cost from memory was about 100TL, Koray from Atak Translation Services sorted it all out for us.  We have to keep this document along with our insurance details and log books in the car.  The form was only issued after the production of our marriage licence, which we have also copied and keep with the document just in case.  This is Turkey after all. xx

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:21:06 AM »
When we bought our car 18 months ago we were told that any family member with the same surname was covered under the basic (Police) policy. However as my wife & myself wanted fully comp insurance we had to register the car in joint names otherwise only the registered owner was covered fully.

Offline quackers

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »
On our Regıstratıon Form of Motor Vehıcles ( Blue car regıstratıon) ıs stamped 'araç sahibinden ve aile fertlerinden başkarsı kullanamaz., any ımmedıate famıly member, meanıng Husband ,wıfe and their chıldren (NOT sısters, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandparents or anyone wıth the same surname ect) are allowed to drıve the vehıcle. So I am goıng by that . Our car ıs regıstered ın my husbands name and  I drive our car all the tıme on a Turksıh drıvıng lıcence and have been stopped for document checks before wıth no problems. So I am not breakıng any laws.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
Quakers where exactly in the book is this stamp applied??

Offline quackers

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
It ıs rubber stamped on the back of the blue card that ıs ın the plastıc wallet you get when u buy a car. It says on the front of the card ın englısh 'regıstratıon form of motor vehıcles'.

Offline neesie1171

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 13:56:01 PM »
I have just checked our registration document and we don't have that stamped across ours, it is only in Charlie's name. That's probably how we had to go and get the form etc notarised.  We bought our car from new in March 2008 and and certainly had no probelms when we renewed our car insurance in March of this year.  Our insurance broker has both of our driving licence details on his system. xx

Offline davybill

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 15:12:28 PM »
A friend of mine was stopped by Dalaman airport police,checked is documents,and told him only his
wife was allowed to drive the car,yet he bought it from new,registed it in his name,and added his wife to it[so the mind boggles]

Offline quackers

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 05:49:03 AM »
Looked at my frıends document and hıs says only the owner can drıve the car. He has a dıfferent log book to me. Maybe ıt relates to when the vehıcle was fırst purchased. If the person who bought ıt only wanted themselves to drıve the car thats what was put on the log book.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf