Author Topic: Tapu,A question for the wise  (Read 12077 times)

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: Tapu,A question for the wise
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 15:51:02 PM »
He's away at the moment savoyboy.  I know he's been on here but I don't know how much.

Bit of a pain for you this.  My instinct is to say that you've paid 150 but I think seeing what the tapu office says is the best idea.  Good luck.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 16:41:12 PM »
When we bought our new place last year - through Ozlen - we were told and I am sure it is correct that the council / tapu office set a minimum valuation that can be put on the tapu based on square meters, location etc.

This is a safety net so that people can no longer get away with putting 80,000 TL for a 80,000 GB purchase. I believe the builder pays less tax for a lower value sale so naturally he will want to go lower and although you may pay a less purchase tax at this stage you may have a capital gains problem if you sell within 5 years and your buyer insists on putting the correct purchase price on his tapu.

Offline grahamturner09

Tapu,A question for the wise
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 17:36:21 PM »
As far as I am aware but I may be wrong it is the tapu office that works out the figure put on the tapu irrespective of the figure paid.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 19:00:54 PM »
I worked with an architect/builder and what memory serves me from his conversations with the Tapu office is:-
The Tapu office are dealing with the building of the property, the government set out each year the cost to build a property, this ranges from (for example) e,d,c,b,a.  A is the unusual in as much that it is used for luxurious properties, using the very best materials etc.. not something Fethiye can boast.  the cost is so much Lira per square metre, when they cost at the Tapu office they do not deal with the land the property is sited on.

This may sound strange, yet this is how it was explained to me, you could have purchased a piece of land some 10-15 years ago, now you would like to build a property, it is the cost of the property that is registered, should it fall down you still own the land.  Some where in there is sense, just don't ask me.

I know the cost of a property on this forum, the owners paid £90k, the build receipt was for £16k (at the exchange rate that time) it was not my place to argue at the time. we laugh and joke  that when we purchase think of a number, half it and add 10% in Turkey.

In 2004 I was sat in a bank in Fethiye, I was waiting to be seen, in the mean time the clerk was dealing with a couple of Brits who had purchase in Ovacik, they wanted to insure the building and contents, the man had purchased his villa for £120k the clerk without flinching told him that they could not insure for that amount, it was too much, she phoned someone, she looked at the Tapu, after putting the phone down she said the most they could offer was ??k, the chap had a fit!!! he turned to his wife and said "see I knew we were ripped off"  now why the complaining, he was happy with his villa, he paid the price, the cost to rebuild was there and he still owned the land.

Every year the government list the build price/cost, it used to be in the LOL, Some Turkish business person or Tapu office will be able to provide you with a copy.

Everything is for sale, and only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »
Thank you all the advice.
 Think ill leave it with Ozlen and the Tapu office then.
   Cheers

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 13:44:49 PM »
Hi Savoyboy - Deciding whether to stick to your guns & do things strictly Legally (although it seems this is still not implemented locally!) depends whether or not you intend or, may need, to sell within the next 5 years, within this period you will be liable for CGT.

If you go with lawyer/builder/council advice on how much is declarable, just make sure you only pay your part of the tax on the amount that is actually declared!

Too many cases of people finding out, somewhere down the line, that they had been conned into paying tax on the 'Sale' price, not on the value declared on the Tapu ..... Another, very nice little earner.

To get your Tapu..... don't think you're going to have much choice given the builders behaviour so far :(

Good luck from someone who's only a bit wiser - after the event..........

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 01:45:25 AM »
I think your right Cef,that I just get the Tapu
And move on but each time I try an do the
Right thing or I ask for what is in
The contract I just get turned over.
  Think the last straw was when the builder
Told us that our house can Not be finished
By them, I told them that I gave them
 £95k 2 years ago to build our house,and
The owner said we made a lot of promises
But we cannot keep them.
I told them these were not promises but a contract.
 At which point I was told to finish the outside wall myself and
Get my driveway paved myself.
Which makes me wonder what good is a contract when
The builder tells you that to your face.
I have only told a small part of what the builder has or has not done
 But we live in hope that we will get our Tapu
With builder turning us over another 5 times before then or maybe more.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »
In the end it's only about money.
 Not about trust or being given
What is in the contract or as the
Builder says promised.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 22:07:40 PM »
Any words of wisdom from our Leader
 Would be most helpfull.

Every time you have a problem Peter you think I am the man to ask for advice. It's slightly irritating that every time you have 90 grand to spend you don't seem to want my advice quite so much. How's that for words of wisdom so far...

Take the valuation given by the solicitor and local figures. To insist on £150,000 will only increase the number of things you and Manzara Construction have to argue about, and I have a feeling you have more than you need already. If you keep the property for 5 years the whole tapu value thing becomes irrelevant.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 23:00:46 PM »
Point taken.

Yes I know your right and have told Ozlen that I will leave it in her and the Tapu's hands
 To sort out.
    Thank you.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 23:38:56 PM by savoyboy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf