Author Topic: MPs rise  (Read 5027 times)

Offline peter16

Re: MPs rise
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 20:15:22 PM »
Proves, I think, not all thieves and conmen/women are in prison :( >:( some we allow to just overfeed at the trough while we are just pushed further into penury >:( >:( Don't you really, really love them .....

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »
Obviously THEY dont need sharp accountants.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 09:39:27 AM »
Not much support for the alternative "We must pay high salaries to get the best people" point of view here. Difficult to see how this is going to become a 'debate'.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 09:44:07 AM »
Many if them don't need a pay rise, in fact they don't even need to be paid at all.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 13:46:42 PM »
High salary does not mean high quality,I mean look at the current bunch,do you think paying them more will make them better?certainly not is my view,the mere fact that no one has stood up and said ,look this is crazy and immoral in the current climate when our public sector workers are bringing home less now than they were 3 years ago.let's make a stand ,refuse the rise and show the country that we are all in this together!

Offline angela

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 14:33:22 PM »
It makes me so cross, within the NHS our pay has been frozen for the last two years, and before the freeze I only got 1% then if my memory serves me correctly. I never wanted to be a nurse for the money (just as well), it was always my burning ambition from being a very little girl,and I'm very lucky I think to have been in my job in some of the better times, so it makes me mad not so much for myself as I've nearly done my time, but for all those aspiring nurses etc, who will be put off.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 15:58:30 PM »
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority is not the only "independent" body set up to overview public sector pay awards. Many public sector employees (which is what MPs are) find themselves under independent pay review bodies - particularly where they are not legally free to, or are strongly encouraged not to, take industrial action. These bodies review pay and report their recommendations to the Government. The Government, however, is not bound by these recommendations and may well reject them. In March this year, for example, Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt rejected an NHS independent review body's conclusion that GP practices should have an increase of 3.4% to cover increased staff costs. Instead he set the increase at 1% "to reflect public sector pay policy".

So what is wrong with doing exactly the same thing with the IPSA recommendations? Thank the Authority very politely for their endeavours but set aside the 11% proposals and set the rise at 1% "to reflect public sector pay policy". Whether this is done by Government or by Parliament may depend on constitutional niceties - but one way or the other I think it should happen.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 19:24:44 PM »
Totally agree with you Colwyn

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 12:20:01 PM »
Apparently they're also getting an 11% extension in their penises so that they can shaft us all even deeper !
wow 3 inches then!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf