Author Topic: February Gas bill  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Bluwise

February Gas bill
« on: March 02, 2014, 18:01:14 PM »
Just submitted my meter reading for Feb to B Gas and am amazed to find it is only £65 for the month.
That may seem high to some but considering it is often £150 in winter for one month  :o, I am delighted.
We had a combi boiler fitted to replace one that was behind the gas fire and then a log burner fitted in the lounge at the end of Jan so I know all this will have contributed but I am really pleased.
Has anyone else seen a drop in their gas bill for Feb as I'm wondering how much of this is down to the mild weather we've had up here in Yorkshire?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: February Gas bill
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 19:19:15 PM »
It has been mild, too much rain, but I think your new boiler and heating would explain the low bill. I have just input our meter readings we pay  £45 permonth and now in credit during the winter months, OK it is only 18pence but credit non the less.

I have just had a dispute with the energy minister, Condems state ours bills are lower because of what they have put in place, however they companies have increased the standing charges, this is the disgraceful part of them trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 19:48:00 PM »
We've just had an estimated gas bill of £485 for a property we haven't lived in since 1st October 2013. It took a bit of explaining to British Gas, that a) we don't have gas in the property we're in now and b) we certainly weren't going to be paying them for an estimated bill for a property we vacated 5 months ago.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 18:37:03 PM »
Well, I do hope the reduction in costs continues - it's been quite cold  last night and tonight so here's hoping it will have been worth the initial outlay.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:05:29 AM »
Nice to hear,your investment paid off Bluwise. We are using Aircon for heating here and we are awaiting the first bill with a little trepidation.

Offline sadler

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 10:19:07 AM »
Very slightly off topic, we don't have gas here, but use electricity and oil.  We switched providers about a year ago to EDF for electric.  Our direct debit dropped immediately by about £15 a month, (this was based on meter readings we gave to EDF - know they are correct as we do have an ex meter reader in the family, who took the readings)  A few months ago, EDF reduced the DD even further to £32 per month.  We live in a large 4 bed house with all the mod cons, on the east coast, totally open to the North sea, so it is very cold.  Our neighbour, who lives in a small 2 bed bungalow was told last week that he should increase his DD to £82 per month!  We are keeping our lips zipped!  ;)  ;) ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »
Our gas was £86 for Feb with electric at £27.

Last year was £102 gas and £30 electric.

Much better this year and even with solar panels we have managed to reduce it again (we've had them over two years now).

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »
I never take any notice of companies DD directions, I carry out my own calculations, the DD are calculated on by computer using variables, nver to be trusted.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf