Author Topic: Rugs  (Read 1836 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Rugs
« on: March 25, 2014, 20:17:29 PM »
Hello. I'm after buying a large (roughly 2m x 1.5m) plain beige or cream rug (natural colour) Probably a shag pile .  Could anybody suggest where I could buy such a thing...many thanks. I've currently got a friend looking out for one for me on buy and sell forum....I am open to buying second hand. Thanks

Offline Brianbern

Re: Rugs
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 22:11:26 PM »
Large rug outlet across from Homeprof in Fethiye on same side as Otogar - also shops where all the furniture shops are same side of the road as Otogar on the Antalya road heading out of Fethiye

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »
Brian, where is this homeprof please....?
Are you talking about the big main otogar at the big junction with the roundabout? I think Merinos is somewhere near there.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
The big three floor furniture shop sells rugs on the ground floor. 
Directions:  Cross the road from Eren Spot and walk away from the market and towards the town centre. There is a Pet Shop and then a open space of waste ground then the Furniture Shop.  We have bought stuff in this shop and it's quite an Aladdins cave of all household furniture and furnishings including white goods

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 07:49:20 AM »
Going out of town go past the "original" big Migros on your left - then keep going through the main lights (where the Otogar is to your right) and about 500 yds down on the same main road on the right after a Genpa supermarket is Gold Hali - nothing but rugs and good (local) prices.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:56:54 AM »
There's also 4/5 carpet shops on the back road in Fethiye. Past HSBC towards the dolmus station

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
Thanks everybody.  I'm after a big (ie minimum 2.5 x 1.8 meter) plain, cream or beige thick or shagpile rug.  If anybody has seen anything like this r can point me in right direction I'm very grateful.  I struggle to do shopping with two young kids in tow and a sun just waiting to burn my bones !  So it's great if I've got somewhere in mind to just head to! Thanks in advance. Sue

Offline lissa

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »
Jacqui, I think that store is now shut. As Liz says, quite a few rug shops on the back road, not far from the big mosque and the dolmuş stops. If you walk up the hill, past where the Çaliş sahilden and Ölüdeniz buses stop, turn right at the top of the road and there is a carpet shop just opposite. More also on that road.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 19:17:54 PM »
Great thank you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf