Author Topic: Compensation for flight delays  (Read 5524 times)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Re: Compensation for flight delays
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 18:53:17 PM »
Kevin, we have ALWAYS gone with Monarch and never had any problems at all.....but it has really, really put me off flying with them.  We are driving to East Mids for this holiday and trying Jet2 - ironically the culprit in the relevant court case!  We shall see....

Offline kevinartois

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 21:00:30 PM »
we flew to palma via gatwick last month flight time was 0615 checked in early 0230 to be told 6 hour delay. why not let people know and check in later

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 10:53:46 AM »
we flew to palma via gatwick last month flight time was 0615 checked in early 0230 to be told 6 hour delay. why not let people know and check in later
Because occasionally the cause of delays are rectified and the departure is rescheduled closer to the original time. it's happened to me.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 13:40:51 PM »
A few years ago we arrived at Dalaman for our flight and there wasn't one.. It had been cancelled.  The next fight for us was in 3 days.  That is a long delay.

Offline sadler

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 16:59:25 PM »
Sio what did they give you Jacqui, a hotel for three days or were you expected to stay at the airport terminal?

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 13:44:02 PM »
Well, there has just beern a big fudss abput this in the UK press, the rules are simple but there are sme subtle
parts you nee to be aware of. If it was a long haul flight and tyhe delay was 3 hours but less than 4 hpours tyhe compensation can be halved, but, the Airlines try it on for short and medium haul so if your flight is normally in excess of 3 hours but below 6 hours then that is Medium haul and you should get the full compensation. Anyone who has ben at A&E in UK has seen the board and a nurse does nothing but note times and go round ensuring nobody exceeds the guidleines -- ticking boxes, the Airlines will do likewise, they know all about the rules and will try and work as closely to tyhe limits as they can so if they exceed them they pay -- quite right too! They know damned well about delays and issues long before the fight, very often cause by inneficiencies! 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 15:05:50 PM »
Sio what did they give you Jacqui, a hotel for three days or were you expected to stay at the airport terminal?

They offered everyone an Hotel in Dalaman.  We hired a car and went back to our place in Calis Beach.  On our return, we heard from the other passengers that the Hotel was one that was used by the flight crews. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 15:37:43 PM »
Sorry, don't get the point about the hotel being used by flight crews? 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 17:03:01 PM »
I am repeating what we were told, but I would assume they meant it was a transient place where working people came and went and not a Tourist Hotel where people stayed for a week or so.   

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 17:44:53 PM »
Doesn't really make a difference, Jaqui. My brother-in-law is a captain with Cathay Pacific and he and the crew stay in the same hotels as regular travellers/holidaymakers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf