Author Topic: Not impressed by Police cut backs.  (Read 990 times)

Offline sannyrut

Not impressed by Police cut backs.
« on: August 26, 2014, 13:14:49 PM »
I was recently tidying up garden and greenhouse.Lost my wedding ring.Searched the bags of rubbish-no trace.Phoned insurance company who want a photograph of the ring(bought in 1970 and supplying Jeweller has since closed),also a police lost property number.Why-in case somebody found it in my garden I ask you.You couldn't make it up.By chance,found a photograph of the ring.
Phoned 101 to be told local police office no longer has a public desk and would need to go to a manned office to report the loss.The nearest is about 3 miles away.That's what I call progress.No visible Police,unmanned Police Stations and cardboard cut outs.
Not impressed. :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Not impressed by Police cut backs.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 13:56:28 PM »
Ring 'em again. Tell 'em you've got doughnuts !  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Not impressed by Police cut backs.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 14:50:41 PM »
Our local Police Station was 3 miles away.  It is now the same, unmanned, has been for a while.  The nearest manned one with a desk is now is 6 miles away.
Incidentally, this is a good wake up call to everyone to go and get your jewellery on a table and photograph it and write down any details such as inscriptions etc.,  The Insurance always want either a receipt or a photograph, which is reasonable in this day and age with all the Insurance frauds going on.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf