Author Topic: Pantry Moth  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Pantry Moth
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »
Lol! :D yes it also amazes my kids! Really it's hard not to look tidy when they all fit together and there are no crumpled bags. This is an OXO (brand name) container Keith, they're all square / oblong shaped and fit together easily - they have the best vacuum seals too. :D

Offline catsrus

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 13:55:10 PM »
Well this morning I have been on "Operation F Off Pantry Moth" as last night I found more of the little dears together with their delightful offspring.

Once again the cupboard was emptied, not an easy job as I had it made by a joiner and its as tall as my wall cupboards so holds a lot of stuff.   Shelves were taken out and these and the cupboard itself cleaned with neat bleach.   

Whilst this was drying all containers were once again emptied and washed and anything I had which was in a packet within a box was taken from the box and the box binned.  I did find some grubs in sealed plastic bags which held Bisto Gravy Granule tubs  which I only got brought over in July and which were put in the bags before going into the cupboard.    The plastic bags were binned but I cannot throw the 5 tubs of granules so these are on my dining table awaiting plastic boxes which I will buy tomorrow.

As the lazy joiner had only laminated the front of the shelves, the sides and back being cut off MDF we thought that maybe the moths were laying the eggs here so hubby came up with the bright idea of putting superglue on the raw edges and then masking tape on top,  so the raw edges were superglued along with my finger and the masking tape applied.    I can now straiten my finger but am still picking bits of glue off!!!

I opened the cupboard door to start putting the stuff away and lo and behold a grub was crawling up the back of the cupboard.  Offending grub removed and stuff put back.

I am now on 15  minute monitoring and have found 3 more grubs so goodness knows where they are coming from.

Sue :-\

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 14:54:34 PM »
That's just so soul-destroying after all that effort. Really hope you clear them soon.  >:(

Offline catsrus

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »
Well the pantry moth issue is now more or less taken care off, I've not seen any grubs for a few days but still find about 3 moths a day flying about in the cupboard but these are swiftly squashed.

Since the pantry moth episode, I've had an influx of ants!!!!!    >:(  Hopefully with the aid of ant spray, which luckily is on offer in Migros, I think I may have disposed of the majority of these critters.   Goodness knows where they came from, not from the balcony.    I even found some in the dishwasher!!
The dishwasher put on rinse soon got rid of these.

I am wondering what the third invasion will be, hope not locusts!!  ;D

Or could it be a case of the song "There was an old woman who swallowed a fly"   so I will be waiting for the cow and horse to come along.!!

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »
A man walked into a doctors and said 'Doc I keep thinking that I'm a moth'
The doctor said 'You don't need me you need a psychiatrist'
'I know' said the man 'but your light was on' !!!!    ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 08:01:14 AM »

I am wondering what the third invasion will be, hope not locusts!!  ;D

Probably Germans, or Russians, oh no!!!! sorry, wrong area, that's Side or Belek.  ;)  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 13:39:50 PM »

Standby with the towels, just in case.

Offline buzz58

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 15:59:39 PM »
Or a cat in the jam pan.

Offline catsrus

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 20:22:31 PM »
Or a cat in the jam pan.

Well I think I'm the only person who has had to take my cat to the vet to be shaved after jumping  into my Turkish neighbours jam pan and then rolling in  grass and leaves.  Apparently you can make jam by leaving it in the sun to fester!!!.  Luckily she didn't bring me any of this jam!!!!

My vet fell about laughing when he saw the state of the cat.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 22:14:51 PM »
Not too relevant to the topic but in the time since it first appeared I have misread the title dozens of times  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf