Author Topic: Car Port  (Read 1562 times)

Offline bearcat

Car Port
« on: October 16, 2014, 14:46:34 PM »
Does anyone know if I would need planning permission to erect an open plan carport
(modern design aluminium / polycarbonate) - Ovacik.

Also, if I did need planning permission ... could you tell me where I go to check and if English is spoken.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Car Port
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 16:54:38 PM »
I don't think you need to worry about it because it won't be an enclosed structure. Provided that your house is legal I can't see that you're going to get a visit.

If you want to check it out for sure I think you'll need to go to the Zabita at the Belediye offices in Hisaronu, but you'll need a Turkish / English speaker with you as it could be a bit technical.

Offline bearcat

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 17:30:14 PM »
Yes, I did think that the rules were ... if it isnt enclosed it's ok.

Even though it more than fills that requirement, I am still concerned that it's ultra modern look will cause upset to somebody.

Sometimes it's surprising how much can be achieved with so little Turkish, but some key words and a photo on a mobile phone ... will make a lone attempt first. Also, glad to hear that Hisaronu is where you go, as that is easy. Thought it might have changed to Fethiye.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 17:39:07 PM »
If you need an interpreter who is really clued up.   I would recommend Yakup Yilmaz.  Find him at the shop he shares with his lovely wife Lynda, which is in the one way street in Fethiye just in the little lane opposite the Mulberry Tree. The shop is called Hippy Chic.  Yakup has his office there.  We have used him many times and he has really smoothed  the way for us so all negotiations in Turkish are hassle free.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf