Author Topic: advice please.....  (Read 5032 times)

Offline poppy50

Re: advice please.....
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »
Bought T.V from Eren Spot, few years ago now and still running ok. 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »
We bought our first T.V. in Eren Spot and had no trouble with it.  A few years ago we wanted a flat screen T.V. and checked Eren Spot and then Migros.  They were cheaper in Migros, so bought one there.  Fingers crossed it has been fine, no problems either.
We did once buy a hair dryer in Migros, which blew up with a great blue flame and and a lot of smoke.  So, maybe give the Migros hairdryers a miss   ;) :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »
I would add to Jacqui's post that some of the brands that are popular in Turkey (small electrical goods) but you may not know from the UK - wouldn't be well known here because they would never pass our safety tests. Combusting hairdryers, juicers that produce more smoke than juice and straighteners to make your hair curl.

It's a bit like toys - you know all the cheap, unsafe Chinese toys that could choke/cut/hurt children? Ever wonder what happened when they got banned by UK safety standards? Yep, they sell them to Turkey now.

The biggest one is exploding phone/tablet chargers and extension leads.  It's very boring but please don't put cheap before safe...life isn't cheap.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »
There is also the buy and sell forum on Facebook... A lot of people are selling up and returning to the UK.. You can get some real bargains,.. Also try asking in the buy and sell page on CBF...

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 13:03:30 PM »
I would add to Jacqui's post that some of the brands that are popular in Turkey (small electrical goods) but you may not know from the UK - wouldn't be well known here because they would never pass our safety tests. Combusting hairdryers, juicers that produce more smoke than juice and straighteners to make your hair curl.

Strangely you seem to know a lot about hair driers and straighteners Keith. Not from personal experience of course   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 13:36:31 PM »
From living as the only male in a household of four.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 17:26:23 PM »
We only buy brands we know now for small appliances.  However, the bigger electrical items we have always bought are well know brands, especially T.V.s
I have brought over G.H.D's and other electrical goods for hair, there is not a big selection in the shops in Turkey.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »
Kipa give 2 years guarantee on most electricals, registered in your name and returned to shop if a problem. Migros guarantees are a joke , I year return to service centre by courier, you pay for courier and packaging and if they decide its faulty they may fix and return it. No good if a holiday home and you are not there to accept courier. I think they will only replace at the store for 30 days after purchase. This was the case a few years ago anyway.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf