Author Topic: Feeding time  (Read 2485 times)

Offline angela

Re: Feeding time
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 18:35:28 PM »
Personally I would take great exception towards anyone who feels it is acceptable to destroy a nest, so it would be extremely unlucky!

Offline tintin1504

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 19:29:02 PM »
 Great pictures Keith! I think they came to ours later and dive bombed the pool for an hour, great to watch though.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 21:04:32 PM »
The swallows were dive bombing our pool too I love to see them.

However, I suppose it would be difficult for the owners of both restaurants to have a swallows nest where it was. The swallows would be flying over customers in the Umut restauant  and also making an awful mess on the floor where people were going up and down the stairs to the Chinese.   The nest was just being built, so no chicks in it.  If it was removed, the swallows would have found another place to build. 

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
Yes Fabian, i heard that the swallows only build nests on a house they think is safe and that it is bad luck to destroy them, don't know how true that is.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 09:46:48 AM »
If nests are removed the swallows are not destroyed, they would build elsewhere.  We live in Farm land and I have seen this happen when swallows build over front doors or entrances to barns etc.,  The Farmer gets a hose as soon the the nest is being bulit and when the swallows go away from more building materials, the Farmer washes away the nest foundations.   This is done a few times and the swallows go elsewhere, there is no cruelty or death involved.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf