Author Topic: Hesitant on Turkey 2016?  (Read 59883 times)

Offline thekeyclan

Re: Hesitant on Turkey 2016?
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
We like Karennina have booked 4 X return flights with EasyJet on the day they were released. We own our own place so if we choose not to travel (at this point in time we still intend to do so) our initial loss is only the air fare. What is interesting though, is that the numerous friends and family that have by now normally contacted us to see when we intend to be there, and did we have any room in the inn, have so far not made that enquiry!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 09:15:05 AM »
We have our flights booked too and we also have our own place in Calis.  I am more upbeat and unless  the Government say different, we are going.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »
We're already booked for June and like Jacqui, unless formally advised otherwise, we will be there.  Sad that we have to even consider not going.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 09:37:20 AM »

The price of Efes hasn't changed yet, so all should be OK   :)  :)  ;)

Offline patrice

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 09:43:48 AM »
Normally booked my May flight by now but not comfortable with the present situation. Like many we have a property there and  we are concerned of what lies ahead.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 10:03:41 AM »
We booked in September for a June holiday and are treating Granddaughter #1 and her parents (flying from Bristol so the flights cost over £1800). Of course I am following current events closely but I think Hilary and I are very unlikely to cancel unless Foreign Office advice changes. I cannot speak for the other three - they have never been to the village where we go so don't know how unlikely a target it is. I suppose the flights might be a more plausible worry.

I don't know whether we will be visiting Turkey again for some time after 2016. If we didn't it would be more tto do with the increasing abuse of human rights under the AKP leaving a nasty taste in the mouth.

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 10:19:25 AM »
Much the same as quite a few people on here.  We haven't booked flights yet, only because we were intending going out a bit later next year, September/October rather than May/June and were waiting for the Easyjet flights to be released for that period, in the next week I think.  We don't have property out there so have no ties, other than sentimental/emotional, so I'm going to wait to see how events turn out during the year and get a late booking if we do decide to go.  We will certainly miss Calis if we decide not to go,  but we always holiday somewhere else every year anyway so will just have to see what the situation is in Turkey and look elsewhere.

I sincerely hope it doesn't escalate into something bigger, but I'm not confident at the moment.  :(

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »
Not booked yet (Usually book for May around Christmas) but so far fully intend on doing so. Having our own place it would seem difficult not to go.

Offline Zilli

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 11:08:04 AM »
I have 3 trips booked next year: May, July and September. I will be travelling regardless unless I am told not to. There is nowhere truly safe in this world these days and to be honest I am probably safer in Calis than in London? I sincerely hope the lovely Turkish people don't suffer too much this coming summer. Terrorism or political situations would not stop me having my little piece of heaven. Stay strong people xx

Offline Steve A

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »
I think I am like most home owners in that we still love the place so are booked to go in May and September but increasingly worried about the current situation,the ongoing internal political issues and the overall effect that will have on the area we love and to be honest the property prices.We have always intended to sell up at some stage,never expected to make any money but nor did we expect to lose any which is looking more likely by the day.My wife retires next month and I have about a year left,our intention was to spend more time in Turkey,we may have to revise our retirement plans.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf