Author Topic: First time this end of Calis... Help & Idea's appreciated :)  (Read 7753 times)

Offline IanK

Re: First time this end of Calis... Help & Idea's appreciated :)
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 18:35:49 PM »
It depends how busy the complex is - if the bar is open, the shop is!

There are also a couple of shops not far away heading into Calis - in the road that runs behind Guvens - they are also usually open quite late.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 15:41:10 PM »
Sorry,  just saw this. We stayed a couple of times at Diana Residence and also Odyssey  Residence, which is virtually next door to Blue Green. Diana R has some basic food items for sale and there is likely to be someone there to sell you stuff. Other than that (and Sunset Beach shop), there's two or three small supermarkets near the Dost Beach Hotel which are open quite late. It's a 5 minute walk. Although not really busy, the road leading to there is quite dark. I used to carry a cheap little led strip torch or keep my phone display on and point it at the cars when walking down when it was dark. That's probably overkill,  but better safe than sorry.

It looks like hotels along that road were being developed last year so maybe they will put some street lighting at some point.

The alternative is if the dolmuses are still running, they go past the BG entrance - a one minute ride.

We had a friend staying at the BG and used the pool there some days. It's very pleasant and was pretty quiet and relaxing. As an aside,  I thought the bar at BG was a bit pricey, foe example charging 9 for an efes last year (6 at Diana for comparison).

Also we did the Turkish night at the Dost Beach Hotel last year -  the buffet and price was superb (I don't get into the entertainment so much but we escaped as it was starting.)  I think they charged 25tl a head last year. Loads of really nice freshly cooked Turkish dishes.

The friendliest place around there is indeed Guven's -  just a bit further on from the Dost Beach on the beach. They really look after you and one of the prime spots for the sunsets.

We really liked it up there.  It's quieter and away from the hustle and bustle. If you want to go to the prom or Boris Marco,  it's either pence on the dolmus,  or almost as cheap for 3-4 in a taxi.

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 21:25:52 PM »
Thank you, just 8 weeks to go, so very excited at going back, I just hope we can keep a 10 month old happy along with us  :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 09:59:12 AM »
Also, there is a new bike hire shop nearby. In fact if you walk into Calis from Blue green - it will be the very first shop you will pass. Its on the road behind Guvens, next to the fruit & veg shop.

Bikes are TL15 per day, but you can negotiate a better rate for number of days and bikes. Our friends rented 4 for 2 days - TL12.5 per day. They are open quite late by the way - 10pm last night.

Ian

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 13:47:06 PM »
Well it's not really Koca Calis (although technically it is) - it's sort of half way between Calis and the main area of Koca Calis.

We ride past these apartments on our way back from Calis and to be honest there's not a lot there as far as I can tell. It's hotels and apartments with the nearest restaurants (other than the hotels) being back towards Calis or the other way towards Koca Calis Beach area.

You won't be far from the Koca Calis eateries -such as - The Surf Cafe, Zentara Beach, Koca Calis Mangal and one or two others. Then heading back towards Calis there is Guven's and one or two more in that area.

Enjoy  :)

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 16:09:11 PM »
Thanks both, handy to know about the bike rental as i would have gone up to the one by the old PJ's otherwise! I suspected as much regarding shops as we too have never noticed much other than the hotels/apartments when walking or bussing it back into Calis, but then we never needed one so never really looked! Looking forward to exploring past Surf cafe as never ventured further really, apart from a couple of years ago we walked along the beach front to the escape bar/cafe. Really looking forward to our break & warm sunshine  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf