Author Topic: Get Your Helmets on  (Read 6649 times)

Offline billy3107

Get Your Helmets on
« on: June 02, 2016, 17:36:34 PM »
I Know its not big or clever but  I occasionally pop out on my scooter with no helmet on.
Not anymore I received a fine for 97ytl registered post this morning.
Seen on camera. Be warned

Offline davybill

Re: Get Your Helmets on
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 16:17:30 PM »
If the police pick up all the scooter riders without helmets in the area they will make a fortune in fines.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 17:03:19 PM »
Yes, we were in Kas today and saw many Brits riding around with no helmet. Also quite a few Turks.  We were once told by a Turkish lady that the Police will always stop the Brits with no helmets, but leave the Turks alone.
Sad to say we saw two bad accidents on the way back.  One a young boy who had been on a bike and had been in a collision with a lorry.  Another with a car and trailer right up on the road barrier, just balancing in the middle of the barrier. 

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 17:12:10 PM »
I believe it to be the case in Turkey that the husband riding the bike should wear a crash helmet but that his wife sitting side-saddle on pillion is deemed to be adequately protected by a headscarf. I would be very pleased if someone could tell me this is not so.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 17:15:31 PM »
Yes, the husband is fine with his crash helmet so is his wife with just the scarf and his child sitting inbetween the couple with nothing on their head and the other child on the back and sometimes  the goat balancing in between the drivers legs.  I have been told that they thinking  Allah will look after them all. :o >:(

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 17:33:49 PM »
Jacqui you've forgotten the sheet of glass balanced in front of the child (or goat) standing on the foot board! :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 18:10:12 PM »
So I did, and the big gas bottle.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 13:33:04 PM »
Yes, we were in Kas today and saw many Brits riding around with no helmet. Also quite a few Turks.  We were once told by a Turkish lady that the Police will always stop the Brits with no helmets, but leave the Turks alone.
Sad to say we saw two bad accidents on the way back.  One a young boy who had been on a bike and had been in a collision with a lorry.  Another with a car and trailer right up on the road barrier, just balancing in the middle of the barrier. 
Just wondering, how did you know they were brits?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 15:21:09 PM »
I think us pale faced Brits are very easy to spot.  Also, I can recognise a Next top from a mile off.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »
Sorry never realised Brits were the only pale faced mortals to holiday in Turkey, lots of Germans, Belgians, Dutch etc non of which are native olive skinned. Also Next is now mail ordered around Europe, free on orders over £20 so I'm told.
Also last week saw polis opposite pork shop by old Tansas stopping scooters and motor cyclists with no helmet and making them put one on if they have one or issuing tickets if they haven't. (still let them ride off though after giving ticket). They didn't seem to bother what nationality they were, though by the look of the id one produced, it was definitely a Kimlik. My car was parked in same part of road so I had a good view.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf