Author Topic: Finans Bank  (Read 5797 times)

Offline LoubyLou

Finans Bank
« on: May 16, 2017, 00:33:28 AM »
Advice please!!

We have had our property for 10 years now and always banked with Finans. The account is only used to pay the electric bill.

I only have a paper account document - no card. Whenever i go in (and I always try to get there first thing before anyone else), because I have no card for the queueing machine, I seem to get a random number and still end up waiting an age (hours) just to pay a fairly small amount in to cover a the next few electric bills.

Last time I went in I got a bit moody and complained to the security chap who said that i shouldn't have too long to wait (after about an hour waiting already when I was one of the first few in), but he also told me that i needed to get a card with my kimlik number on (I think) which would make it quicker in future. WheneverIi ask to speak to someone to sort it out, I just get asked to wait for my turn and speak to the counter staff, but so far they have never managed to sort out my problem.

Surely there must be an easier way - I no longer have the inclination to spend half a day waiting to pay a few hundred lira in. I am also fed up with the bank charges that amount to more than my electric bills over the course of a year.

Is there a better bank that I can use - if so, what will I need to show them to open an account. Do I need to get a kimlik card, if so how do I get one and from where.

Or is there any way I can pay my electric bill on-line like a recent post I have seen about the water? I have gone online with Aydem before, but it just shows whether you owe them any money, not a link to pay anything.

I really would like to get this sorted once and for all when I come out next month if anyone has any advice.

Thanks all

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Finans Bank
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:58:02 AM »
Didn't you need a kimlik number to open the bank account. They wrote mine in the back of my blue residency book. I'm assuming you got residency.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:44:35 AM »
The Kimlik number they are talking about is probably your bank account number. At the number machine in our bank I can use our bank card or enter our bank account number.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 09:55:16 AM »
I really would like to get this sorted once and for all when I come out next month if anyone has any advice.

Request a debit card for your account.  Problem solved.

JF

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
I have recently helped a friend open a new account at seker bank. She was asked for UK passport & driving licence, tax number (Turkish), a she has no driving licence then her recent Turkish water bill was enough. She had her debit card in just a few days.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »
You can set utilities up online with finansbank to pay by direct debit

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 17:46:04 PM »
We had same problem at Finans so went to Deniz.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 23:07:46 PM »
We had problems getting a card at denizen last time so went to Kuwait bank.

Offline Fran

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 07:20:37 AM »
If you have 2 or more direct debits than there are no bank charges, set up another one for your water bill. This is the case with Garanti bank so I'm assuming Finans is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dycedon

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 08:19:40 AM »
We had a direct Debit set up for Electric with Finans, simple to set up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf