Author Topic: Sovalye  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Sovalye
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 17:21:16 PM »
Went years ago, when the water taxi was somewhere near Cafe Genus. Planned to go for lunch, restaurant closed for lunch! Walked around for 15 / 20 minutes & got the next water taxi back.

I went out on one of the Calis water taxis for a day out, earlier this summer. On the way back, we anchored near Sovalye beach, the captain obviously thought it would be a good (& cheap) place to empty his waste tanks. Think I've seen enough thanks anyway

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 22:54:51 PM »
Years ago the restaurant was owned by a famous Turkish film director I think - he was quite scruffy but very engaging and interesting.

I suppose it follows regarding the rubbish around the island - we saw broken sun loungers, building rubble etc and I suppose if you are on an island there is no dustcart service so what do you do with your junk - chuck it in a bush apparently.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »
we've been to Sovalye a few times.  the breakfast at Ada is wonderful, plentiful, service great, cost last year including taxi boat was 40 TL.  but they charge extra for beds on beach etc.  the swimming area is fine though slippery to get into so I wear those windsurfer shoes.  yes, it's a scruffy island but a nice wander around  and Ece Boutique hotel is good for a drink, and I believe you can hire canoes there.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 16:04:53 PM »
I think the few mentions of it being scruffy puts me right of .Thanks it's back to the drawing board.
Going to get cycles for a couple of weeks to get about and think I will explore down towards Yaniklar.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 11:47:17 AM »
SteveA, we always get bikes for a day or 2 when in Calis. We cycle along the coast then join the main road and turn down to Majectic Tuana. We take a packed lunch and each have a couple of hamman towels, one to sit on at beaxh and the other to dry us and use as acover up to get dressed aagin. We spend the whole day at that beach before heading back to Calis. Love it! 8) 8)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 13:07:21 PM »
Thanks Toky we've been alon that way but never stopped so will hopefully find a nice beach and stop this time

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf