Author Topic: CBF Presentation to Stuart MacDonald (Rod Stewart Tribute Act)  (Read 8961 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
CBF Presentation to Stuart MacDonald (Rod Stewart Tribute Act)
« on: September 21, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »
On behalf of the Calis Beach Forum and it's members, I had the immense pleasure in presenting this rock tablet to Mr Stuart MacDonald (Rod Stewart) for his services to the Calis Children's Charity.

For reasons of secrecy it wasn't possible to let everyone know about this in advance or indeed afford them the opportunity of contributing. We have some monies let over which we will be donating to the charity but if you want to add to the total please do so through my PayPal account or otherwise we can arrange something. We did also collect 260 lira on the night.

Here's what I intended to say on your behalf and hopefully achieved through the nerves.

"Ladies and gentlemen I apologise for interrupting your evening and I will make this as short as I can.

I know that some of you here know about the Calis Beach Forum but for those that don't it's a Uk based Forum whose members either have an interest in this place, are fortunate enough to live here or like my wife and I have enjoyed holidays here over many years.

Along with scores and scores of other Calis holiday makers. CBF members have thoroughly enjoyed the shows put on by the wonderful man sitting at the front over there. But perhaps more importantly they have a huge admiration for the large sums of money that Stuart has raised for the Calis Childern's Charity which has enabled them to help impoverished and underprivileged children in the area.

These kids may not even know who Rod Stewart is and will never meet Stuart MacDonald, but there is absolutely no doubt the the money he has raised has allowed the 3C's to change young lifes.

So it gives me immense personal pleasure on behalf of the Calis Beach Forum and it's members to present you with this token of our appreciation of all you have done for the 3C's and the kids.

Photos to follow.

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: CBF Presentation to Stuart MacDonald (Rod Stewart Tribute Act)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 11:21:51 AM »
Nice speech H.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
Nice one H.  ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 13:58:40 PM »
Did he give a response? was he really surprised.? I hope no one let the cat out of the bag.. I see from Facebook that he gave an impromptu performance.. Lovely lovely man.. Perhaps Christine can add it too this forum so that everyone can see how good he is..?.. I hope that Liz and her bucket collector friends were able too attend.. Liz is the one who has to go to Fetav to organise and collect the special license every time he appears..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 16:14:16 PM »
Not a "formal" response as such mercury I don't think Stuart is that kind of fella. I also think the impromptu performance was his way of saying thank you.

I thought I heard him say that the sillohette was like him and that the tablet would take pride of place on his mantle piece.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 16:44:09 PM »
Some more photos taken by a friend of ours.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 18:17:47 PM »
Well done H. A nice gesture to a great man and so well deserved. We both wish we had been in Calis to see the presentation but to see the pictures is great. Thank you.

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 07:00:21 AM »
Great words for a great man.  He has raised so much money for disadvantaged local children and given fab entertainment to Calis.  A real gentleman.  The glass plaque is fab and well done H for organising it.

Offline Janbee

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 14:17:11 PM »
Well deserved award!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 17:04:25 PM »
My apologies for the tardiness of this post.

To date I have been remiss in not thanking all those who I managed to contact and whom agreed to contributed to the cost of the rock tablet and flowers. You all know who you are so THANK YOU   :)

We have a small surplus which will be passed on to the 3 C's and the 260 lira from the night.

As I said previously, it was simply not possible to contact everyone but now that the "secret" is out, if anyone wants to add to the total in recognition of all Stuart's efforts, please do so through my paypal account. Pm me for details or if you don't have paypal, pm me and we will work something out.

I'll leave this open for the next fortnight and pass on all the monies collected to the 3C's thereafter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf