Author Topic: A rather late review/ponder of our September 2017 holiday  (Read 3583 times)

Offline JulieDiane

A rather late review/ponder of our September 2017 holiday
« on: January 21, 2018, 17:04:37 PM »
Saturday 16th September arrive in Calis Beach! Let the holiday commence
I had written & posted this with images a few days ago, not sure if it was the images or me clicking the wrong thing, but it disappeared, so here goes my final attempt  ;)

Myself, hubby, daughter her partner & granddaughter….Lovely journey to Calis on Monarch, no delays and arrived slightly early, little did we know this was to be our last flight with them! Arrived in the evening & so we deposited our luggage at the Mutlu hotel, clean rooms right on the sea front.. oh those views!! The hotel rooms a little dated but fab location & staff, breakfast adequate, family who own it were lovely. After dropping the cases we walked along the seafront a short distance then up to Mangals where we had a kebab & drink, nice food and lovely staff, finally we were relaxing and enjoying the wonderful Turkish hospitality we’ve come to love!

In this (hopefully not too long or boring) review or maybe more a short story of our holiday I may have some of the nights with what we did the wrong way round, but they are not a million miles out  ;) It was last September after all :D

Sunday 17th September;
Breakfast at hotel was simple but something for everyone & how bloomin marvellous sitting on the seafront eating it, during our stay my daughter & her partner had a few full English breakfasts at the hotel, they said it was probably one of the best they had, we did all have them at Dawn Beach, Café Soul & Meeting point, we enjoyed all of them as did my daughter but they said the hotels was just that tad better, maybe worth thinking about if its someone’s preference in future visits?.. anyhow, we had a wander along the sea front, had a coffee, bought our granddaughter some pool inflatables & spent a chilled day by the pool. No problems with sunbeds, a pleasant day at the hotel.
That Night we had dinner at the Nil bar fabulous food as ever we went along to the Nil bar another night too and had fun having ago in the quiz which we certainly never won   , this night we walked along prom couple drinks, mooch in few main street shops etc before a nightcap back at the hotel bar, lovely chap that works behind it! Anyone ever staying at the Mutlu or popping in for a drink should get him to play the piano, he’s brilliant!

Monday 18th September;

We spent the day at oludeniz, we had a lovely day in an area we’d not been to before, sugar beach, the facilities & play area were fab, have to say great sand but was not too sure what I thought of the sea even though it was on the lagoon but inlet part, if that makes sense, it just didn’t seem quite so clear , blue or clean….
We ate that night in Calis beach Indian, fabulous food as always, this is certainly one of my hubby’s favourites! We went to Dawn Beach afterwards where there was a celebration of a wedding anniversary & Birthday, it was a brilliant evening, the lads played lots of our era music but also some Turkish and had everyone up dancing, made some lovely new friends, lots of fun & lots of laughing…

Tuesday 19th September;
Fethiye market purchased a few bits & bobs before getting the water taxi back to the hotel where we spent a chilled day, we went back into Fethiye on the night and ate in the address restaurant, it was nice but I think I expected more after reading so many good reviews, we had a wander to the fountains for Lacy to watch the lights & have a go on the park before returning to Calis, we had a few night caps in various places… one we went to most nights was the Hamsi bar between Annas & Mutlu, lovely people & atmosphere 

Wednesday 20th September;
We spent the day up at surfers beach, the waves were a bit choppier than usual which resulted in me looking like superman exiting from the sea, never laughed so much, however I’ll not be so eager to go in when its that choppy again, had a lovely day, lunch on the beach and a pleasant slow walk all the way back to the hotel with a few ice cream stops on the way. 3 of us had a massage at the Oykun later in the afternoon, I have to say it was amazing, all the final remnants of stress were massaged away!!
This night we went to the Sundial restaurant, what amazing views across Fethiye & the Bay! Our meals were all very nice,  from what I could tell the majority of folk there also had a good service and good food, there was one family however where there food was not to their liking and a young boy was dreadfully upset as he had undercooked/bloody chicken, hopefully he was ok afterwards, we did have a lovely time there and I would return!
Now I think it may have been this night or an night earlier in the week we’d popped into Lee’s bar, my granddaughter was playing in the red car in the bar along with some other toys including a ball which I ended up chasing rather frequently, I am now 100% sure one of the gents having a drink in there was Highlander, I looked at the time thinking I’m sure he’s off this site, wish I’d said hello now!

Thursday 21st September;
Animal dalyan trip, OH MY LORDY… what a fantastic day out, I have not laughed so much in a long time, I truly do not know where this man Semih Ozguder who runs Animal Excursions gets his energy from, he is crazy but in a very good way, he truly does go above & beyond to ensure everyone has a good day out.  I think it was this night we had dinner at The Beach Club, I have to say this was our first time here and will not be our last the food was really good, we went here a couple of other nights for drinks where they had quite good entertainment on too! After eating we went up to Lee’s bar where Rod was singing, we all enjoyed Rod but my granddaughter thought he was brilliant, she clapped & danced really enjoying herself, we were a bit late so were on the actual prom, it was so packed! What a party atmosphere everyone dancing & singing, a German lady began dancing with lacy (granddaughter) another family did too, nothing like bringing folk together 

Friday 22nd September;
We had a chilled day by the pool & I think it was this night we went to Hisaronou for the evening, well, it must be 15 years or so since we have been here, I have to say we had quite a fun night, we ate in busy bees I think it was called, the food was good, the various bars had me laughing with some of the antics, antics our lads used to get upto in Calis, I’d never realised a lot of the bars had stopped some of what they do, dancing on bars, fire etc etc etc until I saw them doing these things in Hisaronou, anyhow it was a change, I could not get over how big its become up there!!

Saturday 23rd September;
Family Bike ride to Fethiye and lunch along kordon, I love cycling along the seafront, the views are just beautiful, being flat its just a pleasant ride and also a good way to see whats been built, changed etc
We spent the afternoon on the beach in front of the hotel & ate at café soul on the night, lovely people here & our meal was good too…. We went to the Beach house for entertainment, a great night!

Sunday 24th September;
We spent the day at the pool and had a quiet night looking after Lacy while her mum & Dad went out!

Monday 25th September;
Spent the day at Aroma Beach club, our first ever day spent here, it was enjoyable but not I have to say my favourite part of the beach, the staff and club itself is very good mind you. We ate that night at georges, pleasant enough and they were good enough to let my daughter eat from the menu from the Chinese next door!

Tuesday 26th;
Dinner & quiz I think at Night Nil Bar, Angel and her staff are great, never had a bad meal here and the quiz was a pleasant way to spend some of the evening.

Wednesday 27th;
THIS WAS OUR DAY! My hubby & I went on the evening on our own to the Yacht Classic Hotel, had a drink at the sky bar and a meal at the waters edge, what can I say, the ambience here was fantastic, service excellent, staff friendly, food was gorgeous, the hotel is so very lovely in a fantastic setting, if you have not been I would suggest trying, what a great and chilled evening, a real treat

Thursday 28th
We spent the day at the pool and a bit of shopping, cannot remember where we ate on the night but we did try to visit as many places/people as we could!

Friday 29th
Our last night as tomorrow we were due to fly home in the afternoon, we spent it at the BBQ & show at the Aroma bar, it was a brilliant night, even lacy clapped, tapped her feet and watched at times in amazement at the entertainers, from dancers & fire, drums beating & Turkish traditional dancing to African dancing it was a great fun filled night… Not really a review, more a mulling over what we did, but it was a great fortnight away, I can’t wait until July and myself and hubby are there again! 

Saturday 30th
 A wander along the prom & shops, Goodbyes & Home

BUT we have booked for the 6th July 2018 for 2 weeks at the Mutlu with TUI, £451 each with sea front room... Can't wait!!  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A rather late review/ponder of our September 2017 holiday
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 17:28:31 PM »
Fantastic - this is exactly what CBF needs more of. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Your opinion of the Mutlu is exactly the same as mine. As are your thoughts on Semih/Animal - I was forced into going on his jeep safari against my years of good judgement against doing so - we all had one of our best days ever in Turkey.

Thanks again  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 17:47:04 PM »
JulieDiane - Wednesday the 20th was the night we made the presentation to Stuart MacDonald.

Please do say hello if you spot me this year.

It is of course highly unusual for me to be in a bar   ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 18:16:49 PM »
You lie like a cheap Turkish watch H.  ;)

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 18:37:31 PM »
Ahh, Scunner, I have never come across anyone with so much energy as Semhi, i would certainly recommenced his trips to folk, I felt like a teenager at times that day, never been so mucky, wet at times and laughed so much in a long time at the same time learning a bit of history & local to where we were knowledge!! Your very welcome for my mullings, not brilliantly written but hopefully the general gist is there   :) I'll see if i can post a couple of images individually....

H if you are there July & I see you I will certainly say Hi, I thought i may have a few of the dates wrong with where we were when, but i don't think i was too far off, we did lots & can't actually remember as much as i thought I would.... Roll on July!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 18:47:39 PM by JulieDiane »

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 18:46:12 PM »
What an excellent review, well put together Julie   :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 18:50:04 PM »

A very interesting .helpful and entertaining review. Thanks for taking the time JulieDiane.           :)

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 18:53:27 PM »
view from Mutlu bar at sunset

Yacht Classic Hotel Fethiye

Sunset from our room

View from Sundial restaurant

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 20:11:08 PM »
Such a lovely review, Thanks for sharing !!

Offline swindsor

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 08:50:16 AM »
Really enjoyed reading this review.  I hope it encourages others to do the same - or maybe I'm just nosey   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf