Author Topic: Wales  (Read 2026 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Wales
« on: February 04, 2018, 17:06:28 PM »

I think Wales were very lucky yesterday.                ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Wales
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 17:20:41 PM »
Yep, lucky to have a team that put on such a brilliant performance!

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 17:33:25 PM »
Scotland didn't turn up.

Perhaps Italy won't get the wooden spoon this year.

England were deserved winners but Italy showed enough to suggest they can be a handful for any underperforming opposition.

I haven't seeen anything to suggest that England will not make it 3 in a row - especially with the Exeter Chief players (Hepburn, Simmons, Nowell and Williams) in such great form.

Ireland worry me a bit - I counted at least 30 green shirts on the pitch against France and they will have even more against England.

Wholly encouraged by England's new caps.

Eddie Jones will, I am sure, address the problems on the outside where Italy scored their tries.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 17:41:50 PM »
Wales rugby today - nothing from Colwyn.
I've been to the end of the world ... well, all right, only Land's End actually. Down to Penzance to visit some friends in Newlyn. They do manage to get a signal down there so I was able to astonish myself at the Welsh performance. All through the Autumn Wales were practicing the new fluid, fast game which seemed to involve if you didn't drop the ball you passed it to the other team. Gatlin was insisting that they would carry on playing like that until they got the hang of it. Did they get it right yesterday? Or did Scotland just fail to respond to Wales' game and so gave them a free run? I think it will be serious wake-up call at Twickenham. Still it bloody lovely to see it yesterday.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 17:51:29 PM »
Yep, lucky to have a team that put on such a brilliant performance!

A brilliant performance it most certainly was.   :)

Gatlin taught new boy Townsend a tactical lesson and his team executed his game plan perfectly.

PS Scotland were dreadful - I lost count of the number of schoolboy errors they committed. :( :( :(

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 18:03:08 PM »
Wales started very quickly and didn't slow down.

With 10 Scarlets in the side there was a strong understanding throughout ther team.

And - in truth - Scotland were so disappointing, especially after last year's promising performances, even beating Australia.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf