Author Topic: Seasons started  (Read 3749 times)

Offline blueclad

Seasons started
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »
How nice to see that the season has started with around 7 uk flights  each day  during the past few days  to dalaman .
With only 8 weeks to go until our 3 week  chill out in Calis we are counting the days off to enjoy meeting old friends in calis area and the various eating / bars ect places .

look forward to going to the new location  meir bar and see who has the beach house for this year as we cant place the faces to the names of who run it ,  plus our 2 favorites Gunisik and Obens.

Roll on June  8) :-*   :)

Offline marina

Re: Seasons started
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »
Just over 5 weeks to our first visit of the year and we can't wait to get back. It's been a long cold winter and the photos that appear on here keep us going   ;) 
Looking forward to our first morning walk down the prom in the sun stopping to chat to everyone   8) 

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »
Around eight weeks till we're there too.  It's not coming quick enough for me, it's been a long, cold, miserable winter.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 19:39:45 PM »
4 weeks for us ,so looking forward to it always love the first visit of the year to see all that has changed over the winter

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 21:24:19 PM »
Bloody tourists,  only joking,  Friday was a strange day seeing the increased number of people & businesses opening up that had previously been closed & the more people obstacles to navigate when cycling on the front,  heard today mobility scooters are banned from the front from the 1st May,  believe that when I see it, A good idea I think for non elderly / disabled people as to many are ridden by lazy speedsters,  Hope anyone coming has a great holiday.

today's view

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 21:39:57 PM »
A good idea I think for non elderly / disabled people as to many are ridden by lazy speedsters

Agreed if you meant "elderly" as opposed to "non elderly".

Beautiful photograph - I love the hues after the sun has disappeared - magical. Thanks for sharing   :)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 05:43:02 AM »
Yes sorry meant elderly as seem to be ridden by more & more able bodied people & usually at reckless speeds, Though I love riding my bike along the front I do cycle slow enough to avoid people, dogs (less around now & if you know pinkie (brown dog had a pink nose)he was found poisened the other day) & youngsters.

Had our first drinks of the season in Joseph's last night, Have been in Stardust twice so far but only for party's,  Think the blue hue lights will put a few people off going there in the evenings.

Thanks for photo praise,  even with a basic phone camera the sunset looks great.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 09:26:54 AM »
Bloody tourists,  only joking,  Friday was a strange day seeing the increased number of people & businesses opening up that had previously been closed & the more people obstacles to navigate when cycling on the front,  heard today mobility scooters are banned from the front from the 1st May,  believe that when I see it, A good idea I think for non elderly / disabled people as to many are ridden by lazy speedsters,  Hope anyone coming has a great holiday.

today's view

Disappointed to learn that mobility scooters are to be banned from Calis front.  We were intending to hire one for a few days when we visit Calis again for two weeks in September, to help my son in law who has mobility difficulties due to illness, to be more comfortable when "promenading.

Ah well............Que Sera  :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it Dennis - motorbikes, mopeds etc have been banned from the seafront for years (resulting in a 0% reduction in motorbikes and mopeds on the seafront).

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 10:28:50 AM »
12 weeks this Friday for us, It can't come quick enough!! I'm really hoping the development along the front will be finished, looking forward to cycling pretty much all the way along the coast & seeing what they have done.

In response to one of the posts above, we tried the Beach house for the first time last year & ended up going back a few times, good entertainment & lovely food we wished we'd been before, fingers crossed no major changes!

Stardust? I don't think i've seen this one, where is it & what do they do?  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf