Author Topic: Help loads of cockroaches!  (Read 5476 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Help loads of cockroaches!
« on: June 13, 2018, 00:41:07 AM »
Hi all I have arrived tonight after only being gone just over a month and was astounded to see at my last count 14 dead cockroaches in the bedrooms and lounge, i could cope with that but as i walked past the bathroom I saw a rather large one alive! I sprayed the floor and have shut the door for the night, tomorrow I am going to have to investigate, any ideas please as to where they have all come from? We do have a quite large gap under our front door but surely they have not all walked up the steps and come in for what? Many thanks as always for any suggestions   :) i have never encountered this amount in all my time of owning here!

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Re: Help loads of cockroaches!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:09 AM »
We had the same problem last year and finally detected their entry point, which was where the water pipes and drain for the kitchen sink come through the wall behind the kitchen units. We sprayed the area liberally with insecticide and filled the gaps around the holes. We've only found two dead ones so far this year !

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:57:07 AM »
Thank you for reply Kevin...oh gosh Iv not even opened my cupboard doors yet of where my kitchen sink is! I was awakened to one crawling on my arm this morning it was in my bed and defo wasnt there last night as i checked religiously, I cant have that...iv yet to tackle the one in my bathroom...i guess i need to find out if any other owners have got same problem...

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:01:23 AM »
Plus keep ALL food in sealed containers !
We also had some cupboard mites a couple of years ago that actually bored through the Oxo cube foil wrappers ! (now kept in a jar)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:22:31 AM »
............I was awakened to one crawling on my arm this morning it was in my bed and defo wasnt there last night as i checked religiously,

I really wish I hadn't read that! :o :o :-[

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 07:52:45 AM »
Plus keep ALL food in sealed containers !
We also had some cupboard mites a couple of years ago that actually bored through the Oxo cube foil wrappers ! (now kept in a jar)
We had these for a couple of years and yes Oxo cubes where the attraction. They were in a tin but the mites got in and through the foil. We now use Knorr stock cubes and haven't seen any since.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:05:29 AM »
Ok thank u for tip re oxo cubes! Everything else is in sealed containers...didnt expect to arrive to this...i can see me decamping to a hotel! Cant believe there was one in my shower cubicle i blasted it with really hit water and it just kept on going, iv now sprayed it and am hoping wen i go to check its now finished off!

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »
not sure if this is an old wife's tale but i was always told not to stand on them and crush they can carry hundreds of eggs and they end up all over

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 16:05:39 PM »
Do you know Im not sure about that either Trainer I actually had the same thought after I swatted one with a magazine! Im going to ask my friend Google in a bit   :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf