Author Topic: Stomach cramps  (Read 2354 times)

Offline laytos115

Stomach cramps
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:20:50 AM »
Need some recommendations please on getting the right medication. Woke up yesterday with stomach cramps which were happening in spasms. Yesterday afternoon had one episode of vomiting, loss of appetite, tiredness, and now this morning The diarrhoea has started.

A few years back I got some really effective tablets from the pharmacy near the hospital, which worked wonders. My question is any recommendations on what to take! The one down near the canal I won’t use, sent my husband  there a few years ago with same issue he was given an expensive bottle of Gynsing which I took back.

Many thanks
Sandra

Offline lissa

Re: Stomach cramps
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 06:26:43 AM »
Ercefuryl recommended on another site, said worked well. Other people recommended buscupan. Good idea to get rehydration sachets also, GE Oral and take those.

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 06:29:00 AM »
Buscopan will help with the cramps. About 8tl a packet. But see a doctor if it contines.....

Offline laytos115

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 06:40:59 AM »
Thank you both, stomach pains not so bad at moment, just need to get the stomach to settle down, and give me my appetite back.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »
Don't take anything that's going to stop the diarrhoea, otherwise your body won't be able to expell whatever it is that's causing it. Drink plenty of bottled water with a little salt and sugar added to it..

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »
I had an awful bug last time here Sandra, after trip 20 to the bathroom i stopped counting...to be honest I just let mine pass thru for the first day but then resorted to Imodium next afternoon as we were flying home that night, I just drank water, Ayran and the replacement sachets and dry toast with hard boiled egg was about all i could eat, didnt have a proper meal for five days even when we got home...Once home I took buscopan for the cramps and they defo helped...i do hope you are feeling better soon   :)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 22:35:19 PM »
A turkish friend once gave me coffee granules mixed with lemon juice, when i was struck down with sickness and diarrhoea just before my flight home, it tasted revolting and i was almost as sick drinking it, but within the hour all the symptoms had gone.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 22:50:42 PM »
Grate some fresh ginger add hot water and let it stand for 15 minutes.

Then use this concentrate to make several drinks with added water throughout the day.

You'll be right as rain in no time   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf