Author Topic: Dogs!!!  (Read 5822 times)

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
Re: Dogs!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
I got surrounded by a pack of dogs all barking when I took my little dog for a walk along the beach, all pretty scary for me and my dog. Regarding the barking, my Turkish neighbour asked if our dog was going to live outside, and I said no, as she will bark and annoy the neighbours (their dog lives outside and barks), her answer to that was it doesn't matter, people get used to it.  xx

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 09:30:31 AM »
Turkonomics means that it's cheaper to have a dog, keep it outside and feed it scraps occasionally, than it is to buy, install and maintain an alarm system.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 10:18:21 AM »
Perhaps they ought to cull some of the tourists ? It's quite scary when walking down the prom and half a dozen of 'em start fighting.     :)

In all my years I don’t think I have ever seen that happen in Calis!

Offline grizabella

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 18:10:15 PM »
The animal situation has really got to me this year here...
It was really annoying/ frustrating etc all the barking dogs but I have to tell myself its not their fault they have not asked to be born to a life of misery and hunger on the streets, education is badly needed here re neutering, its never ending re puppies and kittens being born...was just reading this morning a litter of very small pups were found by the side of a road dumped cold hungry and one already dead as been hit by a car so sad  :-X
..............Hayed,formerly Animal Aid,rescued these puppies.One had died from hypothermia and the other had been hit by a car.The three remaining are now being bottle fed by one of our fabulous volunteers.There has been an Education programme in the schools for over a year now.Begun by Fethiye Hayvan Dostlari the Turkish animal Charity and  now continuing with HAYED.We also have an Animal Education Centre in Çalış.The first of it's kind in Turkey.Where there will be a continued programme for the education of school children about caring for the street and owned animals.This will encompass neutering,feeding,animal welfare etc.The Animal Rights Law 5199 forbids culling of any street animal and the recognised method  all over the world on keeping the street animal population down is Trap Neuter and Return.Unfortunately Turkey is such a huge country that the charity and Belediye efforts to neuter is never enough and there will always be kittens and puppies born that have no hope of survival.This is where the public can help by attending our  regular events,putting a bowl of water out in the summer and some food out near the bins where the street animals look for food.Hayed also have an emergency number if any member of the public comes across an injured animal that needs veterinary treatment. 05317104141 but please remember that we are NOT the RSPCA and we are run solely by volunteers,most of whom came over here to retire so may not be able to respond immediately.Thankyou x

Offline charlste

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 18:14:03 PM »
First time in 30 years that we have seen brits fighting was in october in alis bar.
It was 3pm and my wife and i were just passing calis exchange when it kicked off.
2 women fighting,throwing bottles and glasses.
We crossed the road and as we got to marias this broken bottle came flying across the road and just missed my wifes leg.
Pretty frightening to be honest and not what calis needs.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 18:20:40 PM »
Perhaps they ought to cull some of the tourists ? It's quite scary when walking down the prom and half a dozen of 'em start fighting.     :)

In all my years I don’t think I have ever sen that happen in Calis!

Just because YOU haven't seen something it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 18:38:30 PM »
You need to read more clearly KKOB 8)

I wasn't saying because I haven't seen it happen that it doesn't happen, I was saying that while it may happen, I haven't seen it happen :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 19:15:34 PM »
'Appen.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf