Author Topic: harassment  (Read 7188 times)

Offline davidzz

harassment
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
Been there last 2 weeks and no sign of "harrassment" just the usual turkish way of life, met many people visiting Turkey for the first time that were so bowled over with the place they are returning next year. Look at it it as being invited and then politely declining if you do not want to accept. We have come across some great places that we may have not gone into if was not for someone talking to us at the entrance. You can have a bit of fun with them too rather than take it all too seriously.

Dave

Offline karenr

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 00:53:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by davidzz

Been there last 2 weeks and no sign of "harrassment" just the usual turkish way of life, met many people visiting Turkey for the first time that were so bowled over with the place they are returning next year. Look at it it as being invited and then politely declining if you do not want to accept. We have come across some great places that we may have not gone into if was not for someone talking to us at the entrance. You can have a bit of fun with them too rather than take it all too seriously.

Dave

Davidzz, your SO right. been going to H for 7 years.....never ever been harrassed UNLESS u include " Hello would you like to see our menu" Thats not harrasment thats trying to drum up trade.......like we do in in covent garden, london or anywhere in England....or any where in the world...... I love H and all the resturants..bless them.....they are only trying to earn a wage xx :) if you dont like......dont go xxxx

Offline christygee

harassment
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 18:32:49 PM »
just came back no harassment at all.was quite shocked as were i live in marmaris they are still at it harrasing people even thought they know they will be closed down so was a nice change :)

Offline normbosh

harassment
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 17:12:19 PM »
Glad to here that 8) Thad was the most important thing
to me when i invested in hissy:D

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

harassment
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 22:11:50 PM »
There are strict guidelines and these are enforced by the Zabita. The rule is that a trader or restaurant owner is not allowed to tout for business  beyond their shop front. They risk closure if caught. Last season a number of restaurants in Olu deniz were closed for 3 days for touting for business on the streets.

Offline karenr

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 12:31:10 PM »
What a sad world we live in!!! Its got silly, We go on holiday and complain when the resturant owners apply tactics to try and get trade in.....of course they should, some one commented earlier if it wasnt for people plugging trade at their resturants they wouldnt have gone in. What is Hassle...it needs to be defined. Resturants trying to plug their buisness, is not harrasment in my eyes. Some people are SO sensitive!!!!. We have the same over here (England) but we knock anything simular abroad. Were old enough and ugly enugh to say a polite NO and that seems to work. \im sure and hope most  people agree.

Offline Old Daffodil

harassment
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 13:47:43 PM »

I do not want is    ISTEMIYORUM in Turkish.

We have eaten is    YEMEGI YEDDIK but the G is sort of silent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf