Author Topic: Winds of change for Hisaronu  (Read 21797 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Winds of change for Hisaronu
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2011, 16:44:35 PM »
You can have your opinion. Here it is:

Your opinion is that Calis is a dump.

My opinion is that Hisaronu is possibly the dullest place on Earth.

Now, explain why my opinion is "bitching" and yours isn't :D

Where would we be without the Annual CBF v Hisaronu topic - and why is it the people that complain EVERY time are all from Hisaronu!!!

Offline Dizzi

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2011, 16:55:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

You can have your opinion. Here it is:

Your opinion is that Calis is a dump.

My opinion is that Hisaronu is possibly the dullest place on Earth.

Now, explain why my opinion is "bitching" and yours isn't :D

Where would we be without the Annual CBF v Hisaronu topic - and why is it the people that complain EVERY time are all from Hisaronu!!!

I'm not bitching, but I don't agree with what you say about all H lovers are complainers, read the topic and you will see that it is probably 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

I say you lot are 'bitching' because apparently we are all chavs!! So don't chavs go to Calis, I think they do!

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2011, 16:56:56 PM »
Well I am new on CBF but have had an apartment in Ovaick for some years now. In my humble opinion when you have such a diverse range of taste for a holiday or to live you will have a mirror effect on the places for people to go to. No one would expect every resort/location to suit all and whilt I am not going to get in to a debate that has no real relevance it appears that whether a visitor of resident there alway seems to be a leaning toward "Little Britain"!!!!

Enjoy what you like and let others do so also and if enjoying the more "Turkish" aspects the all to the good as far as I am concerned.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2011, 17:01:26 PM »
Such aggression Dizzi - and not the first Hisaronuer to turn up all guns blazing in this topic. It's difficult to understand how people are so confrontational on our forum which is known for being a place where serious and fun sit side by side. People in Calis often don't like Hisaronu and people in Hisaronu sometimes don't like Calis. Get used to that as part of the joy of these topics is that we know neither group will convince the other.

Please don't accuse us of not allowing you to have an opinion. Your opinion is exactly what you gave and was not deleted or altered. It stays here as you wrote it. If people disagree with it, tough - same as if they disagree with anyone else's. This topic has a rich history and with the exception of a few hotheads coming down the hill shouting is great value and makes no difference to anyone's view of anywhere. If that's offensive or hard for you to handle, the forum is not compulsory.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2011, 17:05:40 PM »
Strange, I have not slagged off Hisaronu.  I only said I found it very noisy at night.  We love to go up there. In fact read some of my posts complimenting aspects of Hisaronu.  I get my nails done and have a pedicure, then we have lunch and a walk around the shops.  We have now started going up for a meal in the evenings too.  
So when I look in the mirror I like what I see. I am happy in my own skin and have not been offensive to Hisaronu or the people who holiday there.
However, you must understand I don't like it when people call my second home a Dump, that makes me very sad, which leads me to be puzzled at your membership of Calis Forum.  I sure you must expect a defensive reaction with such a defamatory statement.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2011, 17:12:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by teetee

Enjoy what you like and let others do so also and if enjoying the more "Turkish" aspects the all to the good as far as I am concerned.

Totally agree, each to their own but where would we be if we had a forum where people who like one thing more than another are shouted down for saying so?

I have many friends who prefer Ovacik or Hisaronu over Calis and we have a great time telling each other that we are right  ;)

Offline BM06

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2011, 17:28:09 PM »
And there was me thinking this was the Hisaronu Discussion Forum [?] section on CBF as in the title, just to try and get back on topic what was the season like for trade in Calis, Fethiye[?] as was the original question, before the topic was hijacked by the usual Calisites  :): :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2011, 17:30:02 PM »
Not "hijacked", "developed"  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2011, 20:12:21 PM »
How do I know if I am a chav or not please ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2011, 20:16:26 PM »
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}44138

Let us know how you get on:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf