Author Topic: Kaya Winehouse  (Read 9212 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 19:30:54 PM »
glad you found it!!

Offline ilkay

Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 23:34:49 PM »
thanks to sue that she likes our restaurant
i hope she will come again whit all her family
sue see you again

Offline Eric

Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 10:09:34 AM »
Ilkay, Could you pick 2 persons up from Olu Deniz in Sept as we would love to try the Wine House. We have been coming to Turkey for over 10 years and never visited and we are moving to Uzumlu next year so would love to come and visit you for the night. Thanks

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 21:01:58 PM »
what a fabulous place the Kaya Winehouse is. On the recommendation of my sister in law we arranged to go there three weeks ago whilst out in Ovacik. We were not disappointed.

We were all picked up from our villa, and taken to the most enchanting, rustic little restaurant I have ever been. Firstly we were treated to a lovely wine tasting session in the little old wine cellar, where we tasted some fantastic wines.  Following this, we were led by the lovely staff up to a small terrace, overlooking nothing but olive groves and fields with the ghost town in the distance. Although there was no menu (we ordered our food before we went) the food was delicious. An assortment of mezes to start followed by chicken, lamb or fish, all very tasty and very nicely presented.  The children were given freshly made pizzas, and had a table all of their own.

After the meal we sat and drank wine, before going downstairs into the little "shop" to browse and purchase if we wished, olive oil soaps, wines, and other home made delicacies.

I have just arranged for twelve of my friends who are out in Ovacik now to go tomorrow night. I am looking forward to hearing how they enjoyed it.

Ilkay, you have a very special little place there and I am looking forward to coming again on my next visit.

Sue  ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 21:03:12 PM by sue mac »

Offline Talk Turkey

Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 18:48:31 PM »
My wife and I think the Levessi Wine House is fantastic. We've been going for over a year now. The first time prompted us to book for Christmas when it was packed out and we all had a fantastic time.

We went again in May of this year when 'Smiley' had taken over. This time there were a husband and wife duo. The guy plays the guitar whilst his wife sings a selection of old and modern songs. They are really good.

So on the back of this experience we booked for my 50th in July. We all (14 of us) got picked up from our villa in Ovacik, taken to the Levessi for Champagne (well, Turkish sparkling wine which I must say was very good) fantastic starters, meal and; for those who could; a desert together with a humungous birthday cake all accompanied with good wines and the duo singing a selection of songs. Then followed with a couple of Hubba bubba pipes and liquers. Then we all got a lift back home. Fanbloodytastic!

I've nothing but praise for the Levessi. The presentation of staff and food is excellent. We're out again next week for a month so the Levessi will certainly be getting another couple of visits. Can't wait. TT  8)

Offline grinrod

Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 18:46:10 PM »
I agree with both Sue and TT.
Very beautiful, very special places.
We only saw the Kayawinehouse during the day but
it was beautiful then too. And the Levissi is
so special. They both have the x factor

Offline DavidNicholson

Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 08:26:36 AM »
We have just come back from 10 days in Ovacik, and on the strength of these recommendations went to the Kaya Wine House.
It was lovely, a beautiful place in a beautiful setting, and my wife thought it was wonderfully romantic.  The food was excellent, and the service was good.  The whole evening was charming.

BUT......  It was very expensive.  This may be unfair, because I am including the transfer from Ovacik and back, which they arranged, but charged for on the bill.  However, I base the comment on the fact that a few nights later we went to Levissi, (with a free transfer) and the bill was less than at the Kaya Wine House despite the fact that we chose a bottle of wine at Levissi that was more than double the price of the wine we had at the Kaya Wine House.

We loved them both, and when you are on holiday the cost is secondary (within reason), but I just thought that anyone going may like to know that it is not cheap.  

Cheap is always comparative anyway, and both are cheap compared to UK (or Dalaman airport!).
Dave Nicholson.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 21:51:39 PM »
I think the reason that they're so expensive is to cover the cost of all the bloody signs that they've got blighting the village and approach roads!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 11:09:19 AM »
Hi Every one
We are out again next week and this time bringing the 'In Laws' with us (ekkk).  Whilst there it is my father in laws birthday and we would like to take him for a tradition meal with turkish dancing (those tummies should make an old man very happy !).  Could anyone recommend some where that would give us a fantastic meal, in a beautiful setting with turkish dancing ?    Thank you  Pookie

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Kaya Winehouse
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 11:28:29 AM »
We went to Kervansaray and I can't fault the show which was very professional.  The troop worked so hard to create an authentic atmosphere.
Food and drink was adequate.
£20 each including transfers from Calis

Your mother-in -law will enjoy the male belly dancer!!!!!!!!!:D.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:29:54 AM by heather07 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf