Author Topic: TURSAB  (Read 3249 times)

Offline ausgal

« on: June 22, 2006, 11:15:44 AM »
Can any one tell me anything about TURSAB, who are they, what are they and are they legal and who made them legal and what right do they have to stop people going into Dalaman airport to pick people up, especially if you hold a paper with the peoples name on it, i feel this needs to be assessed it is taking away freedom of choice to be picked up at Dalaman. Antalya is not a problem why here????? ausgal

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
TURSAB
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:40:28 AM »
TURSAB are the Turkish equivalent of the National Tourist Board. They licence and control all pensions, guest houses and hotels. They also control the licencing of all transfer companies and their staff operating in and out of the airports. They have the power to stop anyone entering the airports at the gates.

If you look at the coaches and buses entering and leaving the airport you'll see that they display a board in the front window with the name of the tour operator and a crest. The crest is that of TURSAB and is the licence to operate.

They ARE legal and the Turkish government made them so.

Apparently they have begun to crack down on unlicenced transfers at Dalaman. If you stand there with a piece of paper with the persons name on , then by their reckoning, you aren't collecting a friend or relative, so you must be operating an illegal transfer business.

No doubt others will add their comments, but this is roughly as it's been explained to me in the past.

Offline markaren

TURSAB
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:08:19 PM »
Does this mean that when my brother comes to pick us up in an hire car in July that he will not get on to the airport.[?]

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
TURSAB
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 14:00:43 PM »
He might be stopped and asked a few questions. I wouldn't worry about it. I've been stopped a few times in the past.

They've got an Automatic Number Plate Recognition system working on the main gate. If your number appears too many times you can get stopped and questioned.

What they're really after is catching the cowboys with an uninsured and unregistered vehicle making a few YTL on the side.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 14:48:46 PM by KKOB »

Offline chrisw

TURSAB
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 16:50:09 PM »
so if i have arranged for a calis taxi to collect us via the hotel that should be ok?

Offline Mustafa4

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 16:54:44 PM »
chrisw - no, the vehicle has to be registered with Tursab and display the Tursab registration details in the window - if you look around the car park when you next arrive, you will see them on display in all the commercial vehicles.
It is not needed for drop-off, just collection.
Mustafa
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 15:53:27 PM by Mustafa4 »

Offline chrisw

TURSAB
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 17:01:11 PM »
thanks mustafa.....better e-mail the hotel then!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
TURSAB
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 17:53:19 PM »
If it's a proper yellow taxi with a taxi registration, then it won't be a problem.

Offline chrisw

TURSAB
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:28:41 PM »
thanks kkob...........i'll check with the hotel, i'm sure they use a local calis taxi which i believe is the brother of the hotel owner.

Offline ausgal

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 13:17:15 PM »
What about hotels, car hire firms and property managers, real estate agents ausgal

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf