Author Topic: Walks from Kaya Koy to Olu  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Melanie

Walks from Kaya Koy to Olu
« on: March 27, 2007, 21:43:21 PM »
Merhaba  :)
My partner and I are arriving in Ovacik on Saturday...I like to explore on my holidays and Kaya Koy sounds too lovely not to visit.  I've heard that there is a gorgeous walk from KK to Olu Deniz that takes a couple of hours.  Does anyone know this route? Is it easy to navigate?

Also, does anyone know approx. how much a taxi would be from Ovacik to Kaya Koy?

Any advice much appreciated,

Melanie and Alan

Offline Melanie

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 21:56:08 PM »

Oh, I've just read that the dolmus goes from Ovacik to Kaya  :-\
Does anyone know how regular they are likely to be at this time of year?
Thanks again,
Melanie

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 22:27:55 PM »
Hi melanie,Havn,t done that particular walk but did the one from big petrol station at top of hill towards Ovecik towards Faralya around coast.It was beautiful but a bit hard going at times.Very high in places.Plenty of goats.talk to Kayakoyuoldboy on members search at top of page.He lives in Kaya.
Amanda B

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 23:16:18 PM »
My sister and family tried it in October but had some problenms reading the map and got lost. She said the waymarking was unrelaible- well she would! Arrived in the wrong place in  early eveing and too late to walk back and to tired so she had to 'charter' a boat to take her over to Oula Deniz. It cost about £30, She talks about as a great adventure - said the scenery was vey beautiful and the walking not too difficult if you take it steady. Her advise, leave before 3 p.m. just in case!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 05:20:22 AM »
Dolmuses from Ovacik and Hisaronu to Kaya Koyu run every hour.

The path from Kaya to Olu Deniz is very well marked but you should make sure that you have sensible shoes and, at this time of year, long trousers. Also , make sure you carry some water with you.

Why not make a day of it and walk from Ovacik into Kaya. Have a meal, then walk to Olu Deniz?

The ruins at Af Kule are also well worth a visit. If you need a guide, get in touch.

Offline BabaYard

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 10:37:18 AM »
As KKOB says you can walk from Ovacik to Kaya first, and this is a lovely gentle walk through the forest or you could walk along the winding road. We did this last year and we stopped in Kaya for some lunch at the Istanbul restaurant before looking around the Kaya 'ghost town' ruins. We then walked through Kaya to the Af Kule ruins. From Kaya, you have the choice of the Kaya to Olu walk, the Af Kule ruins, or a longer walk down to Gemiler beach. If you're not too familiar with the area, take KKOB up on his offer - He's not bad company, and he know the area like the back of his hand   ;)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »
Melanie I answered your e-mail but the address is wrong-can you check.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 16:25:51 PM »
Done the walk from Kaya to Af Kule......not too strenuous and the views when you get there are spectacular. :)

Offline Melanie

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 17:35:59 PM »
Wow, thankyou for all the advice  :)
We'd love to make a day of it and walk from Ovacik to Kaya, have lunch then walk either to Olu or Af Kule (KKOB I'm a sucker for a man who offers to take me to ruins but don't tell my partner I said that  ;)

Are the routes clearly marked?  I'd hate to impose on you KKOB to guide us to Af Kule, but that sounds like a gorgeous walk!

Melanie

PS Heather, my email address is correct on the link so not sure what went wrong? But thankyou for trying  :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 17:45:07 PM »
http://www.hitit.co.uk/places/Hisaronu/more.html

Walk to the bottom of hisaronu.  Take the road opposite pizza pepinos.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf