Author Topic: Police station in Fethiye  (Read 4432 times)

Offline miss pentyouth

Police station in Fethiye
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
Hi all in Calis/Fethiye - Would anyone know if the Police Station up by the Tourist Information in Fethiye has an e-mail address??  I have tried google etc. and cannot find one.  If not, would anyone be able to find one or even the actual address please?  I was over last week and had the misfortune to have my bag snatched off my shoulder whilst walking from Calis to Fethiye on Monday morning.  Two persons with hoodies on a small motorbike came up behind us on the coast path.  All be aware!!! I did report it the same day but have just realised something i said was in there wasn't so now need to update the report!  any help would be appreciated.  Also if anyone finds a largish black canvas bag with flowery lining, or a small black canvas bag - they may be mine!!  thanks.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 12:34:28 PM »
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, thanks for the heads up on this kind of crime. Can't help with informatin on the police station but hope somebody can.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 13:14:12 PM »
If it helps I have a phone no for the police HQ.....0252 614 13 09 Not certain if it is the one near the Tourist Office or opposite the PTT.  :)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 13:24:54 PM »
hi miss, trying to help here...how were you imformed that something in your statement was missing?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 13:32:34 PM »
I think Sharon is trying to say something she reported as being in her bag was not actually there and wishes to correct the statement. :)

Offline miss pentyouth

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 13:41:21 PM »
correct tribalelder!! I do have a telephone number for them but do not speak Turkish so thought would try by e-mail or letter.  I just don't want my report to be incorrect as the item i thought was in there was quite important.  sharon

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 07:46:42 AM »
Thats terrible Miss P. That used to be the 'thing' in Spain and Italy, handbag snatching by guys on scooters its such a shame that particular 'custom' has arrived in Calis.

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 08:54:33 AM »
Hi Miss P. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I think the Police Station up by the tourist information is the customs police no number listed that I can find. The Normal police are opposite the PTT (post office) Maybe the british consulate in Fethiye can help you. The number is 0090 252 614 6302 they are open 9.30 - 12.30 and 14.00-16.00 Mon - Fri turkish time ofcourse.

Offline miss pentyouth

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »
Thanx Quakers.  The Police and staff at hotel/bars were all shocked when i reported it.  They all said it was unusual.  Apparently the week before someone had reported the same thing outside the large supermarket in Fethiye and they did not believe them!!! Thing is the two had hoodies up so may not even have been Turkish, could have been tourists or others living there.  Hasn't put me off going - just will be more aware.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 15:58:05 PM »
[ :)Thats terrible so sorry to hear it, if I were you rather than confuse things with the turkish police just explain the language barrier with your insurance company and change the statement with them, They can then get a turkish speaker to clarify things with the police, good luck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf