Author Topic: Activities for kids  (Read 3180 times)

Offline terrie

Activities for kids
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 17:14:21 PM »
the motor go cart place is about to reopen,between ciftlik and gunlukbasi off the main road.no price details yet

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Activities for kids
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 22:20:41 PM »
 :)You could also try the surf club, they do lessons for children and adults and are reasonable, you could spend the rest of the day on the beach and have your lunch there. ;)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Activities for kids
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 06:50:53 AM »
The mini Golf on the Migros road is no longer there either. :)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Activities for kids
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »
Invest in some cheap fishing equipment - that will soon have them hooked !

There are trips to swim with Dolphins (McTurk runs them I think....)

Donuting etc at Olu beach

Picnicing and exploring in Kaya - not sure whether a Dolmus will run there, but relatively cheap by taxi

(when rafting at Saklikent, take some padding for the 'bottom' area ! - if the water is low it can get a bit bumpy (not to say damn cold !!!)

Offline fredam

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »
lol Pookie, There is no way I am getting in that water again at Easter - did that last year on principle on a boat trip.  Talk about chattering teeth.  lol  Will make a note though...swimming with dolphins might be worth it.  *grin*

We did the fishing stuff for two years - he loves to fish.  If you ever saw people hanging about by the humpback bridge fishing, that was us!  He never caught anything though - one Turkish man was so sweet...he ran up, grabbed the pole, put a little fish on it, and threw it back in the water....then went back to his fishing spot on the other side of the canal.  I don't know how many boat trips we have gone on where they say it is a fishing trip, then tell you it is only in the lagoons because they have no license.

So...there are still a couple questions - did noone know right off hand?  Is sakklikent open year round, or in April?  Can a person just phone the telephone number on the banner at the tennis courts and make arrangements to play there?  (presuming the people speak English).  Is the minigolf by Tansis still there (wherever Tansis is?).....and lastly - the go karts....If we live by Sultans where is it

thanks

Offline terrie

Activities for kids
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 17:50:20 PM »
go karts are situated next to the main dalaman road.if you are heading to fethiye from dalaman direction,you go half a mile past the top of the main calis road junction,and they are on the left side

Offline smythie

Activities for kids
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 19:25:48 PM »
Terrie,

I would also like to go karting but I am noy exactly sure where you mean.  If you go along the Baris manco Bulivari towards Gunlukbasi do you turn right or left before going the half mile.

Cheers,
mick

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Activities for kids
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 19:40:03 PM »
You can go to Saklikent any time of year - out of season is great, you can have it to yourself.

Offline terrie

Activities for kids
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 17:35:50 PM »
directions for karting..from cais bridge,head north over dolphin roudabout,over next roundabout,up to trafic lights t junction,left past the concrete works to next junction,turn left on the main dalaman road ,past petrol station on right and its about 500 yars on the right.dolmus is labelled ciftlik,kargi,yaniklar,from the  t junction.hope this helps

Offline smythie

Activities for kids
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
Many thanks Terrie.

Mick

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf