Author Topic: The Post Office.......!  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Jock

The Post Office.......!
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:11:30 AM »
Yesterday, thanks to a tip-off from keith I actually managed to obtain a few bits of post from Fethiye PTT. A very large grey sack sits in the passageway waiting for the rightful owners to come and claim their post. It took me nearly and hour to go through this sack with various workers from the PTT sniggering as they walked past... yes its so funny NOT !!! Not sure when they will ever get round to delivering it though or if they even intend too!

Anyway, there is vast amounts of mail for KAREN DUTTON and MR & MRS EASTFLED/EASTFIELD so if anyone knows these folks or they are indeed on this site then I recommend that they head on down to the PTT in Fethiye.

I also see there was quite a few bits for Angel at the Nil and Desere?? Sorry not sure of the spelling but mother of baby Yasmin also from the Nil.

I reckon there must be around 2000 + christmas cards waiting to be collected.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
The Post Office.......!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 13:41:45 PM »
Do you have to produce any ID, and are they checking that the post people are taking away, belongs to them....[?]

I'm merely pointing out a concern I would have, I'm Not making insinuations against those who have been kind enough, to alert others of the where-abouts of their post  :)

Offline Jock

The Post Office.......!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 14:00:04 PM »
I know the postman quite well as have been in and out there the past 6 months trying to sort out this mess. When I went yesterday he saw me and said sorry lady NO MAIL yet I managed to find some, surprise surprise!! I also was allowed to take some letters for 2 of my friends and he didn't want to know who they were or how many - he just said please take!!

So in answer to your question Cef - no there seems to be no security measures in place. A bit of a free for all I think.

So I wonder where my 7 missing parcels are.............!!!!!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
The Post Office.......!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 15:07:48 PM »
is this a problem just for the brits getting their mail or is it across the board.are turkish people having the same problem if not surely the btitsh consulate in fethiye could have a word in the right place so this does not keep happening i know it happenend to my 3 neighbours
ps i hope that's who you can complain to or i,m in trouble:D

Offline MagicalGarden

The Post Office.......!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 18:02:13 PM »
Thank you so much for picking up my post, was a bit puzzled when i found it In the office at the nursery. For a second i thought the Calis postman had amazingly found my place of work, stupid thought really as he can't find my house any longer...lol

Your parcels are probably hanging out with mine somewhere. Maybe we should send our little ones down to look. I'm sure 10 minutes of the boys rumaging around and the postmen would be only too willing to find our mail for us...lol

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
The Post Office.......!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 19:10:33 PM »
Thanks for that Jock, my daughter is Desree I will let her know there is post waiting.

maria x

Offline Jock

The Post Office.......!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:47 AM »
Elaine - you are more than welcome lucky I spotted it, just by chance I had a bit of spare time to go rooting through the sack. Yes lets send the little people in to create some havoc and see if they can find anything - probably do a better job than the people that are paid to supposidly do the job of delivering.

I just wish I could have helped more people out as this whole situation is just getting out of hand now. I hope that everyone eventually gets what is rightfully theirs.

Someone asked is it just the case that the foreigners are not having there post delivered? Well why was this rather large grey sack filled with mostly 'Yabanci' post? It may be the case that this is all mail coming from outside of Turkey and this is where the problem is.

Having said that I have not received my telephone bill or Digiturk bill now for 6 months so it maybe across the board.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf