Author Topic: Charter a boat  (Read 1810 times)

Offline cheerful

« on: January 29, 2008, 20:11:03 PM »
We have been going to Calis for quite a few years now. We have done the day boat trips, but this year we would like to sail for 2-3 days with a skipper.Does anyone know of a company that would cater for this?

Many thanks

cheerful

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Charter a boat
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 20:59:43 PM »
 :)A good few years ago we did, it was Jerry who sorted it for us, and it was brilliant, we sailed to marmaris and stayed in a bay on the way the first night, and in Marmaris the 2nd night, we bought our own drinks etc, and we had a captain and 2 young lads, we paid extra as it was a big boat, but worth every penny, it was £300 but now you would probably get it much cheaper, I loved it,  ;)ps, there were 4 of us. ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Charter a boat
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 21:07:35 PM »
Glad you posted that Laffa. I am always wary of recommending people because even if we have never had a problem, others may have had.

That having been said Cheerful, we really never have had a problem with Jerry and have always had a fabulous time.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Charter a boat
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
Hi Cheerful !    Try  www.azuretrails.com    We have been with them many many times and each time has been absolutely superb.  Murat(Skipper) can not do enough for you - they are dive instructors too, so if you like to dive they are more than happy to find the best sites for you.  Murat has fluent English.  Service (and food !) is first class - they really deliver what they promise on their website.

Offline cheerful

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 20:33:41 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help. We shall certainly look into the options.

Offline lmaddy

Charter a boat
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 08:49:59 AM »
I tried the above company azure trails for  a 2 day 1 night cruise they quoted me €900 (approx. £700) which feels a bit steep.
The boat is traditional Turkish catch style boat with no sails. I am sure it is a lovely boat. It sleeps 4 comfortanly.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Charter a boat
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 08:42:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lmaddy

I tried the above company azure trails for  a 2 day 1 night cruise they quoted me €900 (approx. £700) which feels a bit steep.
The boat is traditional Turkish catch style boat with no sails. I am sure it is a lovely boat. It sleeps 4 comfortanly.

Hi  -  you will be able to negotiate a much better deal that this if you work hard !  We have never paid anything like that amount.  The boys built the boat themselves down in the local yard and it really is lovely, all the mod cons and furnished to a really high standard.  It is a little more expensive than some others we have tried, but the service was as if you were at a five star resort !  The food is worth the trip alone !!![^][^]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf