Author Topic: trips  (Read 2109 times)

Offline john0164

trips
« on: February 05, 2008, 17:05:02 PM »
hi everyone i have been coming out to my apartment for the last 3 years and still have not been on any trips with wifey and kids coming out in april and august anyone got any ideas please.
john:D

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
trips
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 17:10:58 PM »
Gosh John !  How long is a piece of string ?  Where to start ??!!!  How old are the kids ? are they able to travel well ?

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
trips
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 17:22:34 PM »
Saklikent Gorge, Dalyan Delta, Tlos and Yaka Park trout farm, Kas and Kalkan, Knidos and Patara beach (15 miles of soft white sand and ancient ruins)
All within easy reach and all well worth the time.  8)

Offline john0164

trips
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 17:23:23 PM »
hi pookie the kids are 2 girls (11) and (8) one boy (5) they love the sun mainly chilling out by the pool but i thought boattrip would be good but who to go with no idea not to bothered about long trips for now.:D

Offline john0164

trips
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 17:26:09 PM »
thanks mike is there any web sites that i could look at sorry to be a pain but in april bringing friends out and if weather is not good i will probably kill there kids like i nearly did in spain last year:D

Offline Catwoman

trips
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 17:27:14 PM »
Go on the Jeep Safari!

I had been coming out there for years and had done most of the trips -apart from that one - because I never really fancied it. Then last year I was persuaded to go and it was fantastic. Great for kids (of all ages!) as it involves ongoing water fights! (Not to mention lots of sightseeing, interesting places, nice lunch and ending up at the beautiful Patara beach). As well as being great fun it really gives you a taste of quite a few different places that you could then go back & explore further at a later date.

Hope this helps.
Tracey

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
trips
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 17:30:43 PM »
John, the Dalyan delta is a great boat trip, see the Lycian rock tombs, enjoy the mud baths, great fun with the kids, spend some time on the beach with the sea on one side and fresh water on the other, cruise through the reed beds and enjoy a really good day out.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
trips
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 17:31:07 PM »
Definitely Saklikent then !  Its beautiful and a real oasis in the heat of the summer.  A nice walk along the gorge, icy water to dip into, and cool shady trout restaurants to while away the afternoon.  If the kids are strong swimmers they could do the rafting along the Gorge (great fun but bottom padding may be advisable !!)

Patara (approx 1 hour from Fethiye) is also good - you have some ruins to explore, a lovely little village to have lunch at and a beautiful beach that goes on and on.  (Not far from Kalkan too, the Mrs would love that - nice shops and girly stuff !)

Dalyan as Mike says is good too, you can combine culture (tombs etc) with a boat trip, then an afternoon on a lovely beach.

There are lots of boat trips from Fethiye / Calis that tour the 12 islands or pop down to Gocek (lovely harbour, nice bars etc) and back. Even one with an inbuilt slide (great fun !).  usually lots of kids on these trips and they nearly all carry snorkles, noodles etc.

Difficult isn't it ?!  - have fun whatever you chose to do  8) 8)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
trips
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 17:34:00 PM »
Google any of the names, there's loads of info on line.

Offline john0164

trips
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 17:42:37 PM »
just googled patara beach looks great could bury the kids there any leave them only joking is it quite easy to get there from calis. 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf