Author Topic: Unguarded bridge  (Read 1614 times)

Offline MrsWolf

Unguarded bridge
« on: February 14, 2008, 08:01:55 AM »
Firstly, I do apologise if there is a thread for this subject somewhere else.  I have had a quick look and couldn't see anything.  This is about the bridge which is on the road from Dolphin island in the general direction of the Pelin Hotel.  It's where there are often people fishing across the new wide road.  When we were there last the pavement ends in both directions approaching the bridge which is unguarded along the sides. The pavement just ends so that if it was dark you could actually just walk off the pavement into the river.  In one direction there's a curve and you'd only need to carry on walking in a straight line to be in danger. Is it still like that?  I did mean to write to the Beladiyer but didn't get around to doing anything, I'm afraid.  This worried me as it seemed like one of those accidents waiting to happen.  Can anyone provide any help, please?
Thanks very much!

Offline lollypop

Unguarded bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »
Hi I know exactly what and where you are talking about - when we were walking back to my mums apartment at night it is very dangerous and if you dont know the road there is a highly likely chance you could fall - especially if you've had a few drinks!

Offline Susi

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 13:17:30 PM »
Hi, Mrs Wolf,  this was the bridge to nowhere transformed into the M25 in one season.
As usual the poor pedestrian is not considered.Do write your letter and hopefully
they will construct a crossing or at the least improve lighting.

Offline Pi55y

Unguarded bridge
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 13:36:51 PM »
Hi Mrs. Wolf, the bridge is still exactly the same as you describe and very dangerous for pedestrians. To make it worse where they have block paved the pavement it is now quite high which in turn has made the railing appear low, adding to the danger. On a scarey note during the previous spell of wet weather, somebody must have dumped the lower half of a shop display dummy in the canal at this point and when the water level started to drop a pair of legs were exposed emerging from the mud.  They are still there but now high and dry!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf