Author Topic: Calis Post and the PTT  (Read 2598 times)

Offline MagicalGarden

Calis Post and the PTT
« on: February 29, 2008, 21:08:30 PM »
Today I went with a Turkish friend who had a chat with the manager of the sorting office at the PPT in Fethiye. I explained that living in Calis we had no postman from September to December 2007, so had no post. The postman has now been back just over two months and I still have post missing that was sent from UK during this period. "Where is it?" He informed me all post has now been delivered, I asked where my 10+ parcels and letters are and all he could do was repeat himself. I pointed out that rumors in Calis say that post was opened and kept by the postmen. His reply remained the same. I told him as far as I'm concerned someone is lying and my post has not just simply disappeared. Most of my parcels were from family and friends for my sons 3rd Birthday. I did ask him "What kind of person could steal a child's Birthday present". He just looked at the table and shrugged his shoulders.
It afternoons like this I really question living here. Poor Cem had no Birthday or Christmas cards/gift's from family and friends in the UK.  It's the thought of someone opening the parcels and seeing children's wrapping paper. Birthday cards once they had opened them and found no money just a card with a number 3 and a cartoon character how difficult would it have been to seal it up again. What do I do tell family and friends, never to post anything to the children again because the post office will take it. Next year when Cem is 4 and understands a bit more do I tell him grandma etc has not sent to him because the postmen will steal it so he has to go without. That's not what I moved here for.

I'm all right now after a few cups of tea but still so angry. :)[:(!]

[?] Is anyone else in Calis still missing post from UK that was sent during this time? [?]
Can you let me know as I am going to write to the local paper's, the mayor or head of PPT or maybe all 3, I'm not sure yet.. I know I will not get my stuff back but I'm not going to just sit here and let them think they can do this to me
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 21:09:20 PM by MagicalGarden »

Offline hubblebubble

Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 22:51:31 PM »
.. obviously you are (and have good reason to be) distressed.
I remember reading on the forum that someone had the whole streets mail left by the postie and delivered it themselves - could this have happened where you live perhaps? It  might be worth asking around.
It would really seem to obvious for the postman to take it and personally i would check out other possibilities too.
I hope the items turn up and all ends well.
good luck

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 22:55:46 PM »
Look as if the PTT in Fethiye has been busy, this article was in either this land of lights edition or the last.

http://www.landoflights.net/haberdetay.asp?id=877

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 22:56:57 PM »
Yes, we still await parcels that we were expecting - and like you they were Xmas presents for the kids.

Offline joan

Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:42:43 AM »
Elaine,we also have post and parcels missing,we went to PTT office yesterday we had a look and asked but were told there was no parcels or post for us .We love living here and dont want to change any laws or regulations to fit in with us but i agree with you this situation should be dealt with.

Offline Ingol Angel

Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 13:16:52 PM »
Count us in the figure too please.  We are waiting for a number of items despatched from UK in September 2007.  My mother and sister both posted anniversary cards to us on the same day from the same UK post office, the only difference was that the one from my sister was enclosed in a gift.  Surprise, surprise, we received the one from my mother at the end of January 2008 but still nothing from my sister.  On our numerous visits to the PTT we too are told 'Yok', yet I know damned well that somebody somewhere is telling porkies!!!

Offline kevman

Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 17:20:15 PM »
Count us in aswell.Some cards got through but as yet a good few remain unseen.We are in Tasyaka were there supposedly is not a problem.So where is the mail??????

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 18:24:34 PM »
it's appalling what is happening neighbours of ours who live in turkey like yourselfs have post missing maybe a petition to the mayor may help

Offline MagicalGarden

Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 19:20:07 PM »
Thanks for all you reply's
As the PM system on here is not working i have set up an e-mail address just for this topic.
I am going to make an official complaint and do what ever i can.
If anyone would like to be included in this send me an email with your name, address and what you have missing eg i have about 20 letters from England and 12 parcels, posted between late August and Mid december. Unfortunatly for us we had a wedding aniversery, 3 birthdays, a new baby and Christmas during these few months, any other time of the year and it would have been a lot less

I am happy to include people in Fethiye as this seems a bigger problem than i first thought.

I will print all emails off, put a cover letter with them, get it translated and get it to everyone i can think of in authority including the mayor.

Email is   fethiyepost@yahoo.co.uk

Offline Jock

Calis Post and the PTT
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 20:49:07 PM »
So the saga continues............... we had our August phone bill turn up a couple of weeks ago!!!

We still have 7 parcels missing since the middle of August !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf