Author Topic: Broadband in Turkey, Is There a Choice?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Heather Davis

Broadband in Turkey, Is There a Choice?
« on: March 17, 2008, 15:37:37 PM »
In April, I will be bringing over a laptop for use while I am in Turkey.

Could anyone tell me what choice of broadband is available in The Calis area, also where to go to get connected after I get a phone line.

I have just been researching past posts on internet connections and came across Keith's post about his Phillip's Skype come ordinary land line phone, Brilliant!
I will definately be bringing one of those with me to Turkey. What an amazing amount of information to be gained from using this forum.

Heather.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 15:42:12 PM »
Yes, you can have it or not have it, how's that for choice  :)

You can actually get different speeds, and a limited or unlimited amount of usage per month - I have a middlish speed and unlimited use (because I am actually powered by my laptop) but all variations are more than sufficient for Skype.

Cheapest one is 50 YTL/£20 a month as far a I recall, that would do you nicely unless you decide to have a website with over 4000 members who need keeping in line  ;)

£20 a month wouldn't give you much time at all on normal telecom (landline) rates for calls to the UK.

Offline Heather Davis

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 20:13:59 PM »
Thank You Keith,

Best I consult you further on my arrival then, sound like plenty of choice to me.

Heather.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf