Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 1492 times)

Offline shandy

• Ashton-under-Lyne, UK
Help Please
« on: March 21, 2008, 09:53:04 AM »
I did originally post this in the phones section but didn't get much response so thought I may get an answer in here as more people read the general forum.

When we were over in Calis in September we bought a Turkish mobile and we were told that we could top-it up in England so when we got home my partner signed on to the website and it stated that we need to top-up by April to enable us to keep the mobile live and the number. However we have tried to do this all to no avail he gets a message saying "Contact your bank"?  My Bank say its nothing to do with them and they aren't preventing any transactions.

Has anyone got any advice on this or does anyone know how we can top-up so as not to lose our number and our credit which is already on the phone?

Shandy

Offline kevman

Help Please
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:14:11 AM »
We presume you took top up cards with you when you went back. If so the card tells you clearly what to do. We never had any problems doing this and you need to top up every 3 months to keep your phone alive. Yes, it has nothing to do with your bank.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help Please
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »
What service provider is it?

If it's Turkcell then if you *don't* have any top up cards your options are limited.  As far as I remember, to top up by credit card on the web site your credit card has to be pre-registered with Turkcell - need to fill in a form and take the form and your passport to a Turkcell Extra shop, or do it by post to head office.

You *can* top it up through your (Turkish) online banking; most of the Turkish banks have this facility.  If you don't have a Turkish bank account, maybe you know someone who does?

Alternatively, get someone in Turkey to buy a top up card and send you the number...

JF

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
Help Please
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 11:46:45 AM »
We have a phone we use in Turkey through Turkcell.  It's nearly always more than three months between visits but I find that if I use a top-up card when I arrive, it remains alive and I don't lose the credit I already have.  I only once lost service and had to buy a new sim card, but it was something like 8 or 9 months between visits.

How can I top up at home?  There is no signal from Turkcell once I leave Turkey.

Harry

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help Please
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
You've got 180 days before they delete the account.  After 90 days it is just suspended and full service is restored as soon as you add credit to the account.

Sounds like you haven't activated "international roaming".  Either do it before you leave or call customer services to have it activated if you're outside Turkey.  Do a forum search, I'm sure its been covered in great detail before.

JF

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
Help Please
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 13:15:41 PM »
Many thanks for the advice, John, I'll do that.

Meanwhile, I tried to buy units online and duly registered my credit cards with 3D secure.  But then I saw you had to have a Turkcell superpassword to proceed.  And how do I get a superpassword?  Send 2222 from my phone.  DOH!!!!!

I'll activate int roaming instead!

Thanks again

Harry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf