Author Topic: sea fishing around Fethiye  (Read 3264 times)

Offline jonjac

« on: March 24, 2008, 15:38:22 PM »
Hi Everyone,
 8) Firstly, many thanks for everyones help - we have booked our first holiday to the area in Hisanarou, but we do intend to visit the other towns/villages for this first (of hopefully many) holidays around the calis/oludeniz/ovacik/hisanarou area.

Just a couple of questions i would like to ask

1/ whats the beach fishing like around the various beaches
2/ what sort of fish are caught (+ bait used)
3/ are the any charter boats that take day tripping fishermen - if not we will prob hire a gullet for the day so the family can enjoy the day out as well (ie part fish, part sun bathe, part swim etc)

lastly - do i need any special permissions or licenses to fish of the coast/beaches

Thanks
 Jon + Jackie (due in Hisanarou @ st nicks gardens Aug 04 - Aug 18) 1st rounds on me (if you can find us  ;) )

Offline siemli

sea fishing around Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 18:29:06 PM »
Hi Jonjac,
there are plenty of fish to be had.
Generally off the beach is ggod, you will see all the locals at weekends, use shrimp from a lottle shop opposite Gempa or from the catamaran further on from that.
There are plenty of charter fishing trips but they only seem to catch small fry.
The river is ok for Crabs or small fish.
Simon

Offline bigfellow

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 14:16:45 PM »
have been trying last two weeks to get a good fishing spot, but no luck.
locals fishing for the smallest of fish. local boats looking for 100euro
for 4 to 5 hours fishing. also all along the coast the local fishermen net for shrimp    so netting is only 10 to 15m from shore. loosing gear left and right. good news is gear is for nothing in fethiye. have bought 4 telescopic rods for 16 euro the lot. spinning reels at 7euro each. bilge pump at 37euro same is 104 at home. will go on a major spree towards end of holiday. the chandlers is near the fish market will post
address later. DONT go saying how cheap everything is in the shop untill i get sorted.:D:D ;)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 20:14:02 PM »
plenty of fish arround fethiye, catching them is another thing!! i have also heard there are a few sharks about as well!!

Offline jonjac

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 19:18:56 PM »
thanks everyone - any idea of bait or will a general mollie / shads work over a 1/0 hook - still i suppose the funs in trying and asking the locals for advice
also what about licenses or permissions/permits - any needed

stuart - hope the shark will take to black psycho's over a 7/0, still only on 70Lb and may need wire on the branchline

see everyone in 17 weeks 6 days 1 hour 32 mins - not that i'm counting  :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 19:22:33 PM by jonjac »

Offline wingnut

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 19:36:48 PM »
usually float fish at the old oil pumping station past the boatyard, sea is very calm,use very light coarse gear and live shrimp as bait available all along coast road from guys under umbrellas,tried everything biggest fish in 15 years 10 inch sea bass,been out all day with turkish fishermen in boat they were delighted to have a basket full of fish, biggest was about 5 inches long so if the locals cant get them we have no chance,even when scuba diving rare too see anyhing that looks over a pound and they are magnified by the goggles but best of luck and remember tight lines,peter the fisherman

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf