Author Topic: Notes For New Members  (Read 41993 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Notes For New Members
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 23:37:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by andyandy

I don't know anyother forum that you have to make an introduction speech to make a post just because the owner of the forum  thinks its a nice courteous  thing to do for him to make them acceptable in his eyes.I have as I said think this is a good thing if it has now been removed from the members joining rules. I am sure this forum will get more members because of this correct decision. This forum can only get better now.

Andy, stand corrected, 99.9% of the members of this forum think the member introduction is an excellent concept and the courteous way to go about things.
I personally would insist on even more detail than is currently acceptable. eg real name instead of only user name. If contributors have nothing to hide, then what's the problem[?]
Ken :D:D

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Notes For New Members
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 23:46:30 PM »
 :) Funnily enough, I dont remember introducing myself when joinig, either the mods were asleep, and I never got a bol---ing, or nobody understood me, (more the latter me thinks),anyway I dont own anything in Turkey, (should have a share in Scarlets by now) but sh-t happens,and I dont go, or want to go, on every topic.I am also very shy, but would not mind introducing myself, I mean its not as if its the A.A. but hiya and welcome anyway, (and that a first for a long time) ;)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Notes For New Members
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 04:34:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:) Funnily enough, I dont remember introducing myself when joinig, either the mods were asleep, and I never got a bol---ing, or nobody understood me, (more the latter me thinks),anyway I dont own anything in Turkey, (should have a share in Scarlets by now) but sh-t happens,and I dont go, or want to go, on every topic.I am also very shy, but would not mind introducing myself, I mean its not as if its the A.A. but hiya and welcome anyway, (and that a first for a long time) ;)

Laffa
You probably got up to 50 posts your first day on here:D The mods might have not been online when you came on:D Who is going to think that a member with that many posts is new :-\:D PMSL.
THAT's probably why you never got a b....cking! OMG - you make me laugh!:D

I missed this thread until today PMSL
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:35:19 AM by lindacarl »

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Notes For New Members
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 08:58:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Excuse me Mrs C but the post count is more like 198,000; don't forget our 71,000 archived posts :D

Blimey, you try to offer 'cryptic' support, sheesh! :-\

Offline SteveJ

Notes For New Members
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 12:17:17 PM »
AndyAndy - If you met a group of people in the pub and wanted to join them you wouldn't just walk up and start asking questions or voicing your opinions would you?

Offline SteveJ

Notes For New Members
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 12:24:16 PM »
"I wouldn't walk unannounced into your living room and slag off your curtains"

Keith - Steph told me about your curtains.  You're on dodgy ground there mate!   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Notes For New Members
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 13:42:55 PM »
Hang on a minute there Steve, that's different! I walked into OUR living room and slagged off OUR curtains!!!

Offline andyandy

Notes For New Members
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2008, 13:54:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJ

AndyAndy - If you met a group of people in the pub and wanted to join them you wouldn't just walk up and start asking questions or voicing your opinions would you?

Yes I would and have. The same as if I am with mates and someone asked something or joined in I would'nt expect them to introduce themselves.
On that basis you might as well say whenever you make a phone call you introduce yourself if its merely a question you want to ask. Same goes when you ask someone for directions or times of buses etc.If I went into Scunners estate agents and said to him I wanted to buy a 3 bedroom villa for 150k in Calis do you think he would say.Excuse me but you have'nt been curteous and introduced yourself to me before I can help you. Not in a millon years.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Notes For New Members
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2008, 14:37:42 PM »
I was going to post a reply but im to embarrassed  ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Notes For New Members
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2008, 14:44:24 PM »
Thats fine andy, just walk in and sit yourself down, don't introduce yourself, ask as many questions as you like....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf