Author Topic: Ölüdeniz Boat Trip - Beware  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Bluwise

Ölüdeniz Boat Trip - Beware
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 22:33:52 PM »
Hi All,  Would we be able to hire a boat for a day trip just for 6 of us and one child -  how much should we expect to pay?  Sue

Offline philrose

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 06:12:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bluwise

Hi All,  Would we be able to hire a boat for a day trip just for 6 of us and one child -  how much should we expect to pay?  Sue

250 lira is the cost of the water taxi boats, includes lunch but not drinks.

Offline Mark G

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »
We had a bad experience last year with one of these Oludeniz boat trips. We had done quite a few Olu trips prior to this one and had mainly been on the Volkan 3 and Volkan 4 boats, so we booked through a guy we had come to know. He said he was related to the owner of the Volkan boats and had always been straight with us and us with him.

Anyway, we booked a trip for 9 people and we were to be picked up at our complex at 10:00 (as normal with the other trips we had been on). Come the day, 09:00 came and went, then 09:20 went passed so I phoned the guy we booked with and he said 5 minutes. Another twenty minutes later I phoned him again and he said the driver was lost and couldn't find us. This turned out to mean the driver was actually on his third trip from Oludeniz and when he finally picked us up we went to just about every complex in Ovacik and then some in Hisaranou before heading down to Oludeniz.

We were herded like cattle into a compound behind the beachfront at Oludeniz where were told we were going on the Easy Riders boat, not what we had booked, and as we headed along the beach you could see this boat was already jam packed full as we were the last of the round robin trips to be picked up. We have always taken drinks with us and some fruit etc to eat when we wanted on these trips and no-one has ever batted an eyelid, but not on this boat. Very rude and very arrogant.

There was a guy standing at the top of the gang plank who took one look at the cooler bag and just pointed to the floor and said "put it there and collect it when you get off". We said no thanks and that no-one on any other boat trips ever had a problem with this and he said not here you don't. I walked upstairs to have a look at how many people were up there and you could barely find a space big enough to stand in let alone lay down to sun bathe in so I said we were leaving and not going on the trip as it was like a cattle ship and so we left. We were ripped off by the guy who had up to that point been fine with us and will never book anything with him again any time we're in Turkey.

What's more, as has already been mentioned, these people think bad experiences like this just stay with the unfortunate people who they happen to and get ripped off, but no they don't, I make sure from now on if anyone wants to book any boat trips that I tell them who NOT to use.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 22:18:49 PM »
Our trip was on the Easy Riders boat as well.  You've just reminded me and as you say, the boat was chocca when we got on.  The only spare seats were downstairs in the shade (not really what you want all day on a week's holiday in May, when its p'ing down at home - it's nice to feel the sun!)  There was no room on the top deck - we had to squeeze in!  Hubby gave up and stayed downstairs.

As I said in my earlier post, the minibus was VERY late and was eventually absolutely crammed full of people - we couldn't believe it when he kept stopping in Ovacik/Hisaronu/Olu to pick up more and more people.

The day out cost us over £100 for 4 of us, as the drinks were so pricey.  We have been on numerous boat trips and have never paid so much for a few efes/soft drinks/two minute plates of chips!

Offline farmer

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 23:06:24 PM »
I cannot agree more with the nice comment regarding the trips on Jerry's boat. We hvave been on many trips with him over the past 5 years, some just "pleasure" trips, some just purely fishing trips, and some  combination trips.
The food has always been superb, the service attentive and the Bar prices clearly shown and quite reasonable.
Farmer

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 23:24:30 PM »
And a gentleman too

Offline Mark G

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 00:21:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by julesbob0303

Our trip was on the Easy Riders boat as well.  You've just reminded me and as you say, the boat was chocca when we got on.  The only spare seats were downstairs in the shade (not really what you want all day on a week's holiday in May, when its p'ing down at home - it's nice to feel the sun!)  There was no room on the top deck - we had to squeeze in!  Hubby gave up and stayed downstairs.

As I said in my earlier post, the minibus was VERY late and was eventually absolutely crammed full of people - we couldn't believe it when he kept stopping in Ovacik/Hisaronu/Olu to pick up more and more people.

The day out cost us over �100 for 4 of us, as the drinks were so pricey.  We have been on numerous boat trips and have never paid so much for a few efes/soft drinks/two minute plates of chips!

So it looks like a bad advert for the Easy Riders boat. I will never go on anything that has the name Easy Rider on it as long as I keep going to Turkey, and I will make sure my friends don't and their friends either.

You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Offline Vix

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »
I thought i was the only one who has had bad experience with Easy Riders a group of us went last Sunday- a mixture of Brits and Turks. We ended up being ripped off so I refused to pay. I was met with a a barrage of abuse when I challenged them and when we was coming off the boat they had some lovel comment to say about us in Turkish they obv didnt think I would understand! Made my feelings known and we complained to the office- not that I thnk it will do much good. The staff were rude and arrogant all day and I expect they will carry on being like this no matter what.

Also the transfer service was very late for us too and we ended up standing all the way down to Olu as they tried to cram all of us on to a midi bus. They have lost our custom for good plus myself and my friend who works at large hotel in Ovacik are telling all our customers not to book anything with them!

Offline bronco

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 15:22:34 PM »
Jerry charged me £144 for 12 people plus any drinks we had,great day,loads of food,first class!

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 15:58:17 PM »
Does Jerry have a website we can look at and pre-book trips?  Thanks.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf