Author Topic: Zoo pet shop  (Read 12767 times)

Offline terrie

Zoo pet shop
« on: February 10, 2011, 17:30:59 PM »
Myself and friend went into zoo pet shop ( next to what was the cheap lira shop ) today.
There was a budgie in a very tiny wood cage, that was very distressed it was unable to even turn round.
my friend asked the ast was the bird ok, she was not happy at all about us doing this and went straight over to a customer at the till and was obviously telling her that we where being a nuisance.
My Turkish is not that good but even I worked out what was being said.
The ast continued to be very rude and we told her that the bird needed to be put in the big cage if there was nothing wrong with it.
I will add at this point that none of the bird cages where very clean, I have also had to ask them to clean up runny dogs mess that was left in with a small puppy that was eating  it and was covered  in it a few months ago.
Some of the pet shops are so happy to take our money but they  must also be made aware that  standards  and the well being of all birds, animals etc need to be kept.

Offline Julesp

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 17:45:22 PM »
Unfortunately they dont seem very bothered about the welfare of many animals in most of the petshops here, I hate seeing that little crocodile in its very small glass tank at Fethiye Zoo, and Kents Petshop opposite Migros has a caged monkey

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 18:13:27 PM »
We were surprised to see the caged monkey at Kent pet shop when we were last there. It's also a vicious little sod, get too close to the bars and it's lightning fast trying to grab you or anything attached to you.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 18:55:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

We were surprised to see the caged monkey at Kent pet shop when we were last there. It's also a vicious little sod, get too close to the bars and it's lightning fast trying to grab you or anything attached to you.

I think I would be a vicious little sod too if I was kept in a cage.
I personall dislike monkeys, but I hate any animal being kept in a cage.  Monkeys should be in trees living with their families as should birds:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 19:05:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

I think I would be a vicious little sod too if I was kept in a cage.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with that, and if you saw the size of the cage you'd be even adamant about it. The cage is the 'traditional' 70's sitcom budgie cage in size, the monkey not too dissimilar in height to the cage.

Offline hubblebubble

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 17:12:37 PM »
..the monkey wasnt viscious when they first took it in. I was told that it and two grey parrots came from someon in kaya who had to return home.
Sadly the monkey took a lot of stick from turkish lads and gradually turned nasty it is very unhappy.
I tried to purchase one of the parrots but they wanted an extortionate sum and eventually they sold it to an elderly turkish lady only to have it returned a couple of weeks later when they then decided they wanted even more for it because it now spoke turkish and english.
 The other very young parot was traumatised and would cry vey harshly and i think became ill but i have no idea what happened to it.
I think those three sad pets should be a warning to anyone returning home to please try and rehome your pets rather than put them in a pet store because frankly its heartbreaking how their lives were ruined.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 19:15:47 PM »
Oh that is so sad Hubblebubble about that poor monkey, cant someone do something and make the owners at least get a larger cage for it. Poor thing.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 19:33:33 PM »
Strange isn't it that we all went totally overboard about two Dolphins being kept in a swimming pool, and yet her is a case of total cruelty a monkey kept in a bird cage.  Time for some action I would donate (even though I hate monkeys) to save this poor animal.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 19:46:31 PM »
Yes I would donate as well Jacqui towards getting that poor monkey some help cant bear to think of it being treated badly and being unhappy maybe that is why it is vicious.

Offline fethiye2003

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 21:50:12 PM »
last year there was a puppy in ZOO vets that was in the shop window
it was so thirsty in the summer heat and it had no water
so i suggested that some water be given to it
the girl replied that it had a dihorear problem
what a stupid girl
it needed even more water then i replied
they just do not care in that shop
I

Share me