Author Topic: Fethiyespor 2011-2012  (Read 7561 times)

Offline terrie

Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 13:38:27 PM »
Hi mark"I think I will be going,will confirm tomorrow,no you do Not buy tickets in advance
Simon

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 13:41:36 PM »
we should get away from the car boot on time and will probably go ;)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 14:14:54 PM »
Just checked their website, it's defo the 23rd so I presumed that's on Sunday according to my diary?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 14:17:58 PM by Supacabby »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 15:13:54 PM »
correct

Offline brianthegardener

Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 15:48:01 PM »
i understand that the President of the Fans association would like members of the public attending the match to come with Turkish flag and National team shirts .. to honur the 24 Army Soldiers who died recently...taken from Fethiye Spor FB page..and traslated...

Fethiyespor Fans Association (FETAD) President Alper Samarkas match will be played on Sunday with his explanation that everyone wanted to come with the Turkish flag and the national team shirt. Finally, the district of Hakkari Cukurca organized as a result of treacherous attack killed 24 soldiers

Offline yabanci

Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 17:03:42 PM »
Another uninspiring home performance from Fethiyespor this afternoon in a 0-0 draw with Denizli,who could have snatched all 3 points in injury time when a header grazed Fethiye's crossbar.However with other results going their way Fethiye move up to 5th with 9 points but are 10 points behind leaders Bandirmaspor.Away next week at Sariyer.

Offline Brianbern

Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:59 AM »
Attended the match on Sunday--a fabulous setting for football. The mountains rising in the background over an excellent playing surface made an impressive vista. A very vocal support was not treated to many goalmouth incidents. I thought the general play was of a very good standard.I will certainly make a return visit at the next opportunity.

The best player on view was the Number 99 who played left centre back. (Possibly his name was Murat) I didn't see a wasted pass all game.He should be moved into the midfield where his assured play would create more chances.

A controversial offside decision by the Assistant referee late in the game caused many to doubt his visual acuity (or possibly parenthood)
Fethiyesport were the better side and appeared to be firing blanks in front of goal---One attempt coming off the post in the first half.

A strange set up in front of the ground where you buy your 5 Lira ticket at a hole in the wall then queue up. But in front of the two turnstiles a large crowd of people had gathered awaiting a chance to squeeze in along with someone with a ticket. It took me back to getting lifted over the gates. But the main difference these were adults rather than the small kids in previous times.
Anyway this practice seems to swell the numbers ---if unofficially.

The fans supported their team with a variety of chants and songs ably led by a drum and chant-leader. I liked how they tried to encourage different parts of the ground to reply to a paricular call.

I would certainly recommend a visit to this ground--hopefully you will enjoy a few more goalmouth thrills.

-----Good luck Fethiyesport.------

Brian

Offline yabanci

Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »
2 goals in the first 20 minutes were enough for Fethiye to come away from Istanbul with all 3 points,after a 2-1 win at Sariyer.This moves the side up to 5th in the table.According to the clubs web-site next weeks home game against 6th placed Adana has been moved back a week due to Kurban Bayram,so will now be played on Nov 13th with a 1.30pm KO.

Offline yabanci

Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 19:00:01 PM »
2 goals from free kicks, one in each half were not enough to stop Fethiyespor from falling to their first home defeat of the season against Adana who won 3-2,with their winner coming just before the end.Fethiye drop to 8th in the league and are away next week to 2nd from bottom Cankiri.

Offline Sleuth

Fethiyespor 2011-2012
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 17:16:09 PM »
I have watched them 4 times now , albeit last season...and as yet not seen them win :-)
I watch my home team ( Cheltenham Town ) very regularly when back in the UK (Div 2) currently in 3rd slot !!  :-)  I enjoy watching Fethiyespor, and when we are out there for 10 weeks from Jan 8th, I will watch them again...I place their level / standard about the bottom half of the UK blue square premier.
When I watched them the gate seemed about 1.000 ...a bit disappointing...  I  would have thought they could draw more local support than that at only 5 lira entrance fee :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf