Author Topic: Izela Flamenco night  (Read 8068 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Izela Flamenco night
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:52:31 AM »
We went to a Flamenco night at the Izela restaurant two weeks ago, and I have to admit it was fantastic. 40 lira per adult, 10 per child. Included sangria on arrival, a huge meze/tapas collection and then approx 2 hours of amazing acoustic talent and flamenco dancing.  There was no audience inclusion (like the usual belly dancing nights) - it was pure class.  Better than anything I have ever seen in "authentic" Spain! Well worth the money. And the settign was idyllic.  I just hope the evening will be repeated next summer. The troupe were from Ankara, but the dancer was so impressed with the area that she said she now wishes to return to Kaya Koy for her honeymoon next summer!  Would thoroughly recommend this to anybody if it is repeated......

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 15:27:47 PM »
Sounds like it was a fantastic night Sue.  We were invited to go to the same Flamenco night by some friends but couldn't go as it was the same night we were flying back to uk.  I have only ever heard good reviews on Izela and will try and go there in a couple of weeks time when I'm back out again as it's on my list of places to try.
Bridge

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 19:04:22 PM »
its beautiful Bridge.  Lovely setting, quality food and that flamenco was superb. well worth it. They also do free pick up if there are six or more of you.

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 21:15:36 PM »
Thanks Sue, might see if a few others from our complex are interested in going too.
Bridge
x

Offline Donna2202

Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:22:32 AM »
You only need 4 or more for a free pick up. Gutted I missed the flamenco night as I heard it was fantastic. I love Izela, I know I'm biased as my husband works there but it really is a hidden treasure. They're also opening Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun in the winter but it's best to book during the winetr months.

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 18:40:57 PM »
Thanks Donna - in case it's just me and hubby, is it easy to find if we get the dolmus into Kaya - we will be out there from this weekend
Bridge
x

Offline Donna2202

Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 09:37:47 AM »
Are you in Ovacik Bridge? If so then my hubby said that they will do a pick up even if it's just the 2 of you. I'll send you his number in a private message so you can give him a call when you're here. His name is Veli.

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 20:56:27 PM »
Thank you so much Donna and Veli - Yes we're in Ovacik from tomorrow night. I've got your pm now and we will definitely take him up on his kind offer - really looking forward to it
Best wishes
Bridge
x

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 17:25:58 PM »
Thats handy to know Donna, as sometines its not possible to get 6 together. Might be back over myself in three weeks, and if so, will defo be coming down.  And please can you keep pushing them to make sure they get the flamenco dancers back again next August...!!!

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Izela Flamenco night
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 22:30:03 PM »
Thank you Donna - texted Veli and soon afterwards Rebecca phoned me and organised transport for us.  What a beautiful place, we had a really lovely time there.  It was a quiet night so we felt we almost had the place to ourselves, very peaceful and relaxing. Next year will go back at lunchtime so we can see the place in daylight too.
Best wishes
Bridge
x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf