Author Topic: Talk of the Town  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Sleuth

Talk of the Town
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 09:29:39 AM »
Exactly my point.  The  `Turkish night` used to be advertised quite extensively around the area until about 2007/20008 . Then the advertising for it suddenly disappeared... and more and more `Talk of the Town` posters started  surfacing everywhere . It was a well planned campaign to make the `Talk of the Town` the ONLY  show around the area, no others. It worked.
This is Turkey remember where corruption and back handers are rife !!
It was a planned campaign.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Talk of the Town
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 14:32:03 PM »
Thats what you do when you start a business.!!! Advertise it to make money. The other place should have upped their game and done an advertising campaign as well. Just because it isnt your taste doesnt make it a bad place to go. We havent been because we had a business in Blackpool for twenty years and these sort of places are rife. I know that some of the Tour operators take people to The Talk of the coast and part of the reason it is always busy. Then again I wouldnt go to a traditionl Turkish night because I have been there done that and bought the T.Shirt. Each to his own.

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
Talk of the Town
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 15:24:12 PM »
I agree that Talk of the town is a fantastic night out. The performers are very professional and must work so hard to produce such polished acts. I also enjoy turkish nights but they perform in bars and hotels everywhere so maybe that is another reason that they closed in Kaya, just too many of the same thing. I will be back at talk of the town next year. Keep up the good work boys.

Offline hugh shaw

Talk of the Town
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 19:12:11 PM »
Strewth Sleuth none of us realised the women at the talk of the town had a secret undercover. ulterior plan. I thought one of them looked a bit shifty. Do you think they could be a bit jealous of Musthafa the belly dancer at the Turkish evening or maybe Musthafa the Elvis imposter or possibly Musthafa the Micheal jackson reincarnation. Strewth.

Offline Sleuth

Talk of the Town
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »
Sorry  Hugh Shaw, but if your above comments were intended to be funny... they weren`t .. it was very  poor humour. Your gonna have to do better than that to get a `smiley` out of me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf