Author Topic: Residency application - simples!  (Read 4360 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Residency application - simples!
« on: November 11, 2011, 18:44:40 PM »
well, our paperwork has gone in to the passport polis today and all ready to be sent off to Mugla.

So much more straight forward than I imagined. Seems its changed a bit since Fethiye Times did their checklist a few months ago and is more simple now as no requirement at all to go to a Polis station at all.

you will need:

* passport

* application forms from passport Polis office down by the harbour - they give you 2 forms, the one titled 'Declaration for residence permit'  must be typed not handwritten so if you prefer before you complete it scan into your computer, complete info and print it off. If this isnt done then the Captans office almost opposite will do it for you - 5 minute job - 15tl, but saves a lot of hassle in the grand scheme of things for them to do it.

* a plastic folder, the stationers Oz Kelebek on the opposite side of the road to Eren Spot have them and know exactly which one you need -   6TL

* ONE colour photocopy of your main passport page

* ONE black & white copy of your last visa entry in your passport

* 6 passport sized photos, the shop almost opposite Migros do them quickly. 1 for the Muhtar, 5 for the application

* a photocopy of your Tapu or rent agreement

* stamped photocopy of card made by Muhtar, costs vary I understand, ours in Foca charged 25tl each

* receipt from tax office for the residency fee 200 $, 350tl at todays exchange rate

* photocopy of your bank book/s

* tax number

there doesnt seem to be any particular order needed to achieve any of this, but this is what we did and it seemed very straightforward :

* collected forms from passport Polis, they put a cross by all the documents you will need on the list

* took them to second floor, room 2 at the Kaymakanligi office next door to Migros. The lady there date stamped it

* went to tax office, second floor, turn to the left and its the lady on the end desk on the right. She asked for tax number and wrote some numbers on a slip of paper and sent us downstairs to pay. Paid at desk on right side of foyer as you go in, got a printed receipt

* went to our Muhtar office near wedding circle, (opens 9-11 and 1500 to 1700) he wasn't there at 15.10 so I rang him ( phone number in the window) and he came straight away. Looked at rental agreement and passport, used one photo, stuck it on a card, stamped it took some photocopies, gave us each 2 copies, one with 2 stamps on it for passport polis, one with one stamp for us to keep and we paid 25tl each and left

* took all the documentation to the passport Polis, there's one man there who speaks English, he recognised us from collecting the forms, shook hands like old friends, really nice man and the Polis lady is lovely too. They checked everything was there, sent us over to the Captan office to have application form typed, took the printed one back and they checked everything all present and correct, we paid our 149 tl ( they don't have any change there so its actually 150tl!)

* they took our passports, put together in a packet with the folder and told us to go back in 2 to 3 weeks

all very painless and felt really proud of ourselves!

Hope this is helpful to others  :)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 18:47:12 PM by kayakebab »

Offline hoops man

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 19:44:27 PM »
receipt from tax office for the residency fee 200 $, 350tl at todays exchange rate

What was that for as you stated later that you paid your fee of 150tl also. The applications dont go to mugla now as all transactions are now processed in Fethiye. That saves all the time. Not like the bad old days.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 20:06:13 PM »
oh, assumed all went to Mugla..good news that it saves time.

200$ is for residency, 149tl is for the blue book

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 20:11:10 PM »
Hoops man,
The 149Tl would have been for the blue book

Offline hoops man

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 21:26:14 PM »
yes i gathered that later gary it wasnt clear. Good to see someone doing it on their own.

Offline apollo

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 22:25:40 PM »
Oh dear, 1 month ago the folders cost 3.5 lira!

Offline janmack

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 22:50:52 PM »
Good on you guys!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 05:40:04 AM »
Sounds quite straight forward Linda, might give it a go myself. BTW does anyone know which muhtar & where the office is that I need, I am in Babatsi, which is behind the Pork Shop near Tansas?

Offline AndyLin

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 13:45:20 PM »
Liz, have sent you am email and sorry to have called you Linda.
Lin

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 14:19:44 PM »
Problem yok, I've been called a lot worse in my time  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf