Author Topic: 5 weeks trying to get internet connected  (Read 1867 times)

Offline martinp2502

5 weeks trying to get internet connected
« on: November 14, 2011, 13:01:01 PM »
Wonder if anyone can help. We signed up for the internet 5 weeks ago and Turk Telecom came to connect us the next day.

To cut a long story short we still dont have the internet. We have called them and visited, each time being told something different and that an engineer will call within 24 hours. No one turns up.

After visiting the office for the 3rd time, we were told there is a big problem and they need to replace some cable. They cannot give us a time frame for this to happen.

Another person on the complex had the same problems a few months ago, she is Turkish and also called them daily until finally the problem was sorted (without any cable change)

We are so frustrated and are sat in waiting for yet another promise of an engineer coming today.

Has anyone got some advice? We just want to know what is happening and when it will be sorted.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 13:08:26 PM »
Not being sarky here, but have you had an electrician in after Turk Telecom to finish the connection? If not that will be the problem. Bayram 0535 239 2334 did mine earlier this year

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 15:13:40 PM »
Yes that's all done. We've had it confirmed that we are connected to a broken cable so it needs to be dug up and they won't do that if it rains, they haven't had permission or there's a full moon (joking).
Think we may look at going with a different company as apparently Turk Telecom use government lines and private companies don't. Not sure what the truth is there as we've been told so much rubbish we don't know who to believe.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 16:34:23 PM »
You may need to get someone Turkish to go along with you to sort it out.  They do seem to operate on TMT (Turkish Maybe Time) but 5 weels does seem a bit excessive  - I hope you are not paying for it.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 16:46:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by martinp2502

Think we may look at going with a different company as apparently Turk Telecom use government lines and private companies don't.

I think you've been spun another yarn there.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf