Author Topic: Setting up a company in Turkey  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Setting up a company in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »
If you are based in the UK and will be involved in the sale of Turkish goods in the UK there is very little point in having a limited company in Turkey.The question for you is to establish where your would  have liability(if any) for these goods. If you are the introducer only the contract for liability lies between the supplier and purchaser as you are just the agent.My advice to you is to go and see and accountant or lawyer.

If you want to get more advice on company formation in Turkey I would try the Turkish Chamber of Commerce in Britain.

I agree with most comments in that setting up and operating a company in Turkey is a nightmare.I never done it but any expat that I have spoken to who has says it is hell.

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 13:59:34 PM »
It takes minutes to set up in Turkey but many months to dissolve ..... Not like in UK .... We were told it takes a year to close a company and all that time you are still liable for accountant fees, barcor and tax - Even when you are not trading!!

Anyone that knows us knows it was the WORST thing we ever did in Turkey!!  We didn't have Turkish Partners but would NEVER EVER EVER set up another company in Turkey.  Please heed the warnings here. and as Keith says DON'T DO IT.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 20:32:05 PM »
All I can say to these responses is WOW!!
Thank you all for your replies.
Looks like I'm staying uk based then lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf