Author Topic: has king kenny walked???  (Read 2464 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 19:05:50 PM »
Just in case I am accused of going silent on this subject as well, the sacking news didn't shock me at all.  His heart wasn't really in it, he is an old style manager who got found out by the modern game and football business - i.e. the way the game has shifted in the last 5-7 years - and you could see that in the disgraceful way he behaved in defending the racist toe-rag in his team.

Having said that, he brought in a trophy and an FA Cup Final place, but that wasn't good enough to secure him another year .... shows again that Yank owners do not understand football:-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 19:10:14 PM »
One of my old bosses used to tell me that if I cocked up, he would fight my corner in the boardroom till his dying breath. But he also said privately he would rip me to pieces. Isn't that what Kenny did - and if it is, where is it disgraceful? That's decent man management in my view and I am NOT much of a Dalglish fan to be honest.

Offline thebillet

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 19:26:01 PM »
I don't know if Kenny did his defending in the boardroom, who knows what he did there, he certainly did his defending of Suarez in public and his defending of the results in public; therein lies his compass - poor judgement of behaviour and and poor judgement of what would be acceptable in terms of achievement.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 19:31:29 PM »
I was meaning the boardroom for Dalglish/Suarez, that was my example. What I meant in their case was is it wrong to defend your man to the interviewer? It doesn't mean he thought Suarez was right, it could mean he prefers to stand by his man in public and sort things out privately.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 21:10:00 PM »
I agree re Suarez:

If Dalglish asked Suarez face to face about the original allegation and Suarez denied it what was Kenny to do but back his man.

And he did after all apologise for his behaviour.

Offline davybill

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 08:31:50 AM »
kk wasnt succesful this time in management,but over the years,hes been a great ambassador for liverpool
and football.

Offline tony

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 09:15:55 AM »
Interviewers are not totally unbiased. Their purpose is to get a sensational headline, no matter what. They will go to almost any lengths to achieve this. Kenny was right to defend his man. For the players sake and the clubs sake. Sky Sports and the rest of the media take no prisoners. Well done Kenny. Your legend status is still in tact as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 13:48:18 PM »
Probably a straightforward decision but even still well done Brendan Rodgers :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf