Author Topic: Boycot the Sunbeds at Guvens  (Read 13763 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Boycot the Sunbeds at Guvens
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 16:28:20 PM »
But to answer your question...Sat restaurant are within the same belediye area as Guvens. So Sat can expect the same soon? Yes in theory, but as you say, unlikely...

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 18:00:31 PM »
Gutted to hear this happening @ Guvens. We love it along there and have been lucky to have beaten the council's restrictions this year and spent lots of time there earlier this month.
:D

Offline Marggie

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 18:16:23 PM »
More aptly named Belemafia!!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 18:26:37 PM »
:D

Or Belecoiningitin

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 20:36:05 PM »
Didnt know Sands and the others came under Ciflik council. Lets hope this doesnt spread then.

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 23:46:01 PM »
WHAT on earth is going on...it beggars believe..i totally agree with all the comments..guvens is our fave place..i really hope(ha ha)the council takes away their rotten beds..we WILL not pay them a penny..i feel for carole and guven they work so hard...lets hope the council have a change of heart..mind you im not holding my breath..:-\:-\ :o: :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
Mercury,

If you walk towards Sands and look at the bins you will see that somewhere around the Surf Cafe they change to Ciftlik Council ones. Many people think Koca Calis starts around Guven's place but they are under Fethiye Council not Ciftlik. As far as I am aware Koca Calis is part of Ciftlik not Calis beach/Fethiye.

I could be totally wrong though as I don't live there - it's just the impression I've got over the last 8 years.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »
Well if you are, that's two of us  :)

Offline mac2010

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 08:44:12 AM »
I think the sat restuarant paid to lease the once dirty eyesore at the end of the beach and turned it into a haven and continue to improve it every year.So why should the sunbeds be taken over by the local authorities? Not saying its right what they are doing but do the restaurants have the right to take over a section of the public beach? Could we open a bar in Devon or anywhere and put sunbeds on the beach and then find it strange when the council come along and put their own beds out and tidy the beach daily and charge for them.This is what they should have done years ago.Free sunbeds- Free drinks- free transferes, what more do we want for nothing.Welcome to the world of a tourist destinations.Please buy a beer in Rhodes or pay for a meal and then compare the so called expensive prices of calis.But will say we always got a free drink at the end of the evening meal but paid double sometimes treble for it.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
mac2010 - you can't have it all ways! Your first line is correct -some areas of the beach were a mess and the local bars deserve credit for what they have done. OK they expect you to buy a beer or two in order to use the beds/toilets but why not? They are businesses after all.

Why should the council take advantage? Well because they can I guess - and they 'own' the beach! The only thing we as holidaymakers can do is boycott the beds and make sure they get the message.

Best thing is - wherever you go on holiday - the locals hardly ever pay for beds. They usually just take their own or a towel and sit on the beach - which although run by the council I don't think they would have much joy trying to stop people using them.

Maybe the bars could just loan you a bed when you arrive and not have them on the beach ready for customers. That way the customer turns up and in effect carries his own bed onto the beach. No charge is being made so is any law being broken? Problem I see with that is the backlash that might happen - for example when the next check is done by the gestapo ;-) It might be more trouble than it's worth for the bars.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf