Author Topic: Apartment  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Elk

• Newly Registered
Apartment
« on: August 07, 2012, 17:02:10 PM »
Would just like to say hello to everyone, we are in the process of buying an apartment in Calis, unfortunetly we are getting some negative comments from family but we are still continuing! Please can someone give me some positivity on owning a holiday home in Calis?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Apartment
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 17:08:23 PM »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 17:13:17 PM »
Friends and family thought I was mad when I bought a place in Calis.

It was the start of a 10 year amazing adventure - plenty of good but not all good, but never a dull moment. The adventure continues. The opinion of friends and family doesn't matter to me, don't let it matter to you. They generally have no idea what they are talking about  :)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Apartment
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 21:12:23 PM »
It's amazing how those same friends and family then want cheap holidays

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 21:16:28 PM »
Yep, same here, particularly from my father, but 8 years on, the holiday home investment is my permanent home  8)

Offline LisaRob

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 22:45:21 PM »
Hi Elk
We had similar reactions when we first bought our apartment "off plan" from Scunner 7 years ago. Friends said we were mad and reactions were generally negative..But after lots of research we knew straightaway the first time that we arrived in Calis that it was the place for us so it doesn't matter what other people think..if you think its right then you should go for it. I've never met anyone who hasn't loved Calis/ Turkey once they have visited for themselves.

We definitely have no regrets and cant wait to spend much more time there in a couple of years.

Best wishes and hope all goes well with your purchase and that you are soon enjoying your holiday home.   :)

Offline quackers

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 05:55:55 AM »
Our famılıes reaction was ' Turkey ! Why there its a Muslim country' .Never understood they're reaction. But they all come out for free holidays and love it out here. We also knew as soon as we got  here thıs was for us and have never regretted it. It took us 6 months to decıde and sort out but worth all the research.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Apartment
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 06:28:10 AM »
My dads reaction was why don't you go to Spain instead.
We've been here just over a year and a half, and he's visited 3 times, the last time was for a month!
My mum went to Kusadasi many years ago and hated it and has no intention of coming back to Turkey.
My sister came for Christmas, and is coming again this year and loves it here.

You wont please them all, but the main thing is to be happy yourself, life's too short.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »
Never had a negative comment from my family or friends they all thought it was a great idea and was the sensible thing to do with our money since the intrest rates in banks was so low! However we are not expecting to make a fast buck, we dont have a mortgage on it and we dont  have to rent it to keep it! On that basis 8 years on we are pretty sure we made the right decision!

Offline Elk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 16:44:22 PM »
Thank you so much to everyone you have all made my day and I feel so much happier now! I now can't wait. I hope one day we might be able to meet you all, we are planning our first trip as owners on 27 December, we have been coming to Turkey for holidays for the last 9 years but have stayed at Montana pine in Hisaronu. I have now finished work so I could stay longer but unfortunetly my husband is still working so has to make do with annual holidays, but hopefully when he retires we can spend more time in Calis. Once again thank you for your positive comments, you don't know how much better I feel  :) will be in touch again xxx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf